iPad Got $500 for my iPad 3. Just got my iPad Air. Taking Video Comparison Requests

Discussion in 'iPad' started by PhillyAnt, Nov 9, 2013.

1. PhillyAnt macrumors regular

PhillyAnt

Title says it all. I got $500 for my 64GB iPad 3 AT&T and tonight I replaced it with a new 64GB iPad Air AT&T. I will have my iPad 3 until Tuesday so I figured I would offer my time and make a video comparison for those of you who are on the fence about getting one or are just curious.

What would you like to see? I plan on syncing my new iPad to my backup and doing a side by side video. If there are any specific requests, please reply to this thread. If you have an app specific request and I do not have the app, I will install it as long as it is free or interesting enough for me to buy.

Go ahead and start your requests and once I have enough I will go ahead and make the video. Being that I have to bring my old iPad to it's new owner on Tuesday, I need all your requests asap and will record the video either Sunday night or Monday afternoon.

3, 2, 1, GO!

2. braddick macrumors 68040

braddick

Well, if you clap the two iPads together yet there is no one to hear them, do they make a noise?

3. PhillyAnt thread starter macrumors regular

PhillyAnt

Only in Cupertino.

4. errorunknown macrumors member

So you paid 500 over two years for the privilege of using an iPad?

5. herdnerfer macrumors 6502

You realize the iPad Airs aren't rare right? I'd say most people on this site have one already. Nobody wants to see pictures of yours.

6. PhillyAnt thread starter macrumors regular

PhillyAnt

How does your comment make any sense? I said I got $500 for my old 64GB AT&T iPad 3. I purchased it brand new when it first came out for $787 (thanks to Target's 5% off coupon). I just sold it for $500. If you want to look at the period I had it as renting it, then I paid $287 for the "privilege" of using an iPad for 2 years or just under $12 a month.

Where in your highly intelligent thought process did you come up with the statement that you made and how does it contribute to this thread?

/troll

On another note, I am not feeling that the upgrade is worth it and am considering bringing it back. My iPad 3 works fine for everything I do. The only reason I rushed out to get this new one was the fact that I had a friend offer to give me $500 for mine and its value would really drop if I waited longer to sell it.

7. Frankied22 macrumors 68000

Frankied22

Show us these crashes and ram problems everyone is complaining about here.

8. patseguin macrumors 65816

patseguin

How on the hell did you get $500 for you iPad? I have the same model with AT&T and I can't sell it for near that.

9. PhillyAnt thread starter macrumors regular

PhillyAnt

I haven't been able to reproduce any of those issues that people are talking about yet.

10. bevsb2 macrumors 65816

If you are happy with your iPad Air (good screen and no performance issues), I'd let the iPad 3 go for $500. That's a great deal and you'll have a faster, lighter model with a better trade in value down the line.

11. PhillyAnt thread starter macrumors regular

PhillyAnt

Thanks, bevsb2! That's the argument I am having in my head right now. It is a pretty decent deal and the trade in value will be better down the line. Oh decisions... lol

12. errorunknown macrumors member

I apologize if I came off as a troll, the $500 figure was from the top of my head ($1000-$500) and I didn't realize you could get a 64gb LTE for $787. Nowadays its $829+$80 tax in Illinois. Regardless, I'm in the same position as you with an iPad 3 and was thinking that the new ones don't offer enough to warrant spending more $$$. The only reason why I am considering upgrading is that my battery life has started to decrease. Have you had that problem?

13. PhillyAnt thread starter macrumors regular

PhillyAnt

Thanks for your apology. It's hard to tell these days with so many negative people out there that just hang around to talk down or bash other people's thoughts and opinions.

I live in the Philadelphia area about 30 minutes away from Delaware. Delaware is a tax free state so whenever I need to make a big purchase, I usually ending up making the drive to save some decent money. When I purchased my iPad 3, I got it from Target with my target credit card in Delaware. Whenever you use your Target credit card to make a purchase, you save 5% on whatever you are buying. 5% off plus getting the item tax free is a pretty good deal. I will usually throw whatever on my card and then pay it off before I get charged any interest. Target did not have any of the new iPad Air's in stock the other day so I decided to just get it at Best Buy using my Reward Zone Membership Card. I am an Elite Silver Member so I get double reward zone points on all my purchases and a 45 day return period on everything. For every 250 points you get, you earn a certificate for $5 towards a new purchase. I had a few certificates saved up and used them for this purchase, so once again I got my iPad at a discount, PLUS I earned a good 1600 reward zone points which will equal out to $30 in gift certificates. Win!

I, like you, feel that the new iPads do not offer a big enough difference to warrant me spending more cash. The main reason I did it was because of the amount I was able to get for my iPad 3. If I waited another year until the next upgrade came out, I would possibly not be able to get half of what I got now. $500 is a really good number when comparing to all my other selling options. The battery life is still pretty good in my iPad 3. Pretty much same as new. I wish I could say the same for my iPhone 5. To be honest, I really don't like the feel of the new iPad Air in my hands. It is almost too light and slippery. If you click the link at the end of my comment, you will be able to see my craigslist ad and some pictures I posted. You will see that I have the smart cover and a Speck brand shell cover for the back. That added some bulk and texture to the entire unit, and my hands are used to the way my iPad 3 feels with all of that. I am sure that once Speck makes the same available for the iPad Air that I will be happier with my purchase, although I might be skipping on the Apple Smart Cover this time as many people are complaining about it.

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ele/4170244111.html

14. WalledMacGarden macrumors regular

Same brightness side by side are the whites the same? Or does the 3 have better whites.

15. errorunknown macrumors member

Man that is a sweet deal you guys have going on there. So have you decided to keep the iPad air?

16. PhillyAnt thread starter macrumors regular

PhillyAnt

I've decided to keep it but I am going to return it and repurchase it on Black Friday. Best buy is supposed to be offering $50-$70 off new iPad Airs and I am all about saving money. Maybe I will upgrade to the 128GB version. I am unsure yet. I need to clean up all the apps that I don't use and see how much space I really have on my current iPad. I have a lot of junk on there now.

17. sholzer macrumors regular

Not contributing much to this thread, but I sold my iPad 2 64gb verizon 2 weeks ago for $400 lol. You should be able to get 500 I would think. Be patient

18. PhillyAnt thread starter macrumors regular

PhillyAnt

I sold it to a friend but I made it very attractive. Look at the pictures on my craigslist ad and all the wording I used. I find that just being real with people can do a lot. Thats why I have such a successful weight loss business. I am real. People believe me and are comfortable speaking with me. It goes a long way I guess :)

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/ele/4170244111.html