Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
I can't help but be thrilled at how awesome this is. The camera is top notch, the screen is amazing, the battery life is... haven't had long enough to last it. Seems really good for my use, though. Haven't tested the call quality. IE 11 is amazing, though it has some hiccups with me sites. Most of my apps are there, the others are likely to never be there (Clash of Clans, Final Fantasy WotL, Infinity Blade 2).

There are a couple minor things that bug me, though.

A) Apps still crash sometimes. I know it isn't the RAM, I have plenty. I know it isn't a weak processor, it's a strong one. Yet My Talking Tom still sometimes crashes. It isn't as often as my 520, but it still happens.
B) Apps are just blown up. Mail looks the same (bad, in my opinion), and all other apps so far do as well. The screen is gorgeous, but the apps just seem to be same-y. Maybe that's just an issue I have. Maybe somebody can point me to apps that take advantage of the larger screen size.

I thought that I would have problems with the size, yet it fits perfectly in my pocket (with a case on, obviously, it's still a huge purchase and I'd rather not break it). It's also the perfect size to watch videos on (when I get them on here). This might turn into my mobile internet thing for a long while. Perfect size for me.

Also, I love glance.

Be prepared for an updated cat picture as my avatar as soon as I get a good one. :)

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
Any swipe/tap issues? And where did you get it from?

You mean where it traps when I try to scroll down a page? It happens sometimes. Also, I got it from AT&T.

----------

I just got a refurbished 925 off eBay for $175. Perfect condition. I'm looking forward to trying out Windows 8.1.

Couldn't do that. 925 is for a carrier I have no signal from.

grandM

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2013
I can't help but be thrilled at how awesome this is. The camera is top notch, the screen is amazing, the battery life is... haven't had long enough to last it. Seems really good for my use, though. Haven't tested the call quality. IE 11 is amazing, though it has some hiccups with me sites. Most of my apps are there, the others are likely to never be there (Clash of Clans, Final Fantasy WotL, Infinity Blade 2).

There are a couple minor things that bug me, though.

A) Apps still crash sometimes. I know it isn't the RAM, I have plenty. I know it isn't a weak processor, it's a strong one. Yet My Talking Tom still sometimes crashes. It isn't as often as my 520, but it still happens.
B) Apps are just blown up. Mail looks the same (bad, in my opinion), and all other apps so far do as well. The screen is gorgeous, but the apps just seem to be same-y. Maybe that's just an issue I have. Maybe somebody can point me to apps that take advantage of the larger screen size.

I thought that I would have problems with the size, yet it fits perfectly in my pocket (with a case on, obviously, it's still a huge purchase and I'd rather not break it). It's also the perfect size to watch videos on (when I get them on here). This might turn into my mobile internet thing for a long while. Perfect size for me.

Also, I love glance.

Be prepared for an updated cat picture as my avatar as soon as I get a good one. :)

the cat looks GREAT

Michael Goff

Suspended
Original poster
Jul 5, 2012
hell yeah, probably beats 90 procent of all women

----------

give her an extra ration for modeling btw
she did great

I give him treats daily. He keeps me happy, I give him treats. Also, getting him to look up wasn't so easy. It was mostly luck.

Cnasty

macrumors 68040
Jul 2, 2008
It is a great device indeed and has made me appreciate smaller type phones since I rocked that one for a while.

Anything less is a piece of cake now.

Loved the camera, the screen was brilliant, and the battery life was the best of any phone I have ever used.

Enjoy it! 8.1 is sweet.

grandM

macrumors 68000
Oct 14, 2013
I give him treats daily. He keeps me happy, I give him treats. Also, getting him to look up wasn't so easy. It was mostly luck.

never forget how lucky you are he let's you give him his treats! Now hurry up, he's getting hungry

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.