Got a 16gb iPod touch for $310 from BestBuy - should I still wait on a sept. refresh?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Terdinglage, Jun 25, 2008.

  1. Terdinglage macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2008
    #1
    I've read nearly every speculation post on this forum and still can't decided, so I figured I should just ask. I got my brand new iPod touch without software updates for $330, tax included, from Best Buy. However, I wouldn't have a problem waiting until September.

    After reading enough speculation however, I'm beginning to doubt that the new version will be able to beat that deal, since I'll be paying MSRP. Any advice on what I should do, because I still have a little while longer to return it to Best Buy...
     
  2. amusiccale macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2007
    Location:
    PA
    #2
    How'd you manage that? I'd say hold on to it if you're happy with the product as it is. You might save a few dollars waiting until September, but i don't expect a huge feature improvement this time around other than the 16 gb, which you can enjoy until then.
     
  3. Terdinglage thread starter macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jun 25, 2008
    #3
    I pricematched with target which had the 16gb for $350, but best buy was offering $40 gift cards with touch puchase at the time too, so I got $90 off.
     
  4. bbbensen macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Feb 24, 2008
    #4
    There is nothing saying that there WILL be an update. Its speculation.
     
  5. amusiccale macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 5, 2007
    Location:
    PA
    #5
    There will almost certainly be an update SOMETIME :) (few people are suggesting that Apple will end the Touch after one generation), but it is indeed all speculation. I'd suggest you decide whether you like it as it is now or not and don't look back.
     

Share This Page