Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

Got a 24" Dell HD monitor for my Mini!

dandeco

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Dec 5, 2008
Brockton, MA
A month ago I bought a used Dell 2408WFP 24" LCD display, to replace the old 20" Cinema Display I was using with my 2012 quad-core i7 Mac Mini, and so far I couldn't be happier once I got it all configured! Initially I had to set up a color profile, then manually adjust the brightness and contrast (the buttons wouldn't respond at first until I pressed them quite a few times; now they are very responsive), and then afterwards I was all set. What I'm especially pleased about this monitor is, being made around 2009, it's HDCP-compliant! I can easily play my iTunes movie purchases and rentals and enjoy them on a nice big display! It also supports quite a few different input sources, including HDMI (which is what I am using, since my Mac Mini has HDMI output), DisplayPort, DVI, VGA, S-Video, Component Video and Composite Video! It also has plenty of USB 2.0 ports and an SD card slot, which I find very handy (though I generally still use the SDXC card slot built onto my Mac Mini, at least I'll have a nice alternative if I replace it with one of the newer beefed-up Minis). From what I read, it also has built-in speakers, but I can't seem to get them to work, even if I plug in the additional power supply needed for the speakers. Another issue, albeit minor, is that my Dell 2408WFP has that common issue when turned on, there are little colored vertical lines near the right of the display, but they gradually go away as the display warms up, and are all gone after ten to fifteen minutes! Because of that, it's not an issue for me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.