Got a new pair of contact lenses!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dontwalkhand, Jun 28, 2012.

1. dontwalkhand macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

It is amazing the feeling of liberation you get from not having to have anything in front of your face and you can see! Gah I had to share with the world :).

As you can see in my avatar, I had to wear glasses.....THEY ARE GONE :D :apple::apple::apple:

2. eric/ Guest

eric/

3. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

I've been wearing contacts for about 12 years. It changed my life. maybe someday I will do lasiks. Nothing like not having to wipe off glasses several times a day or worry about breaking them.

4. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I can't stand contacts. I only where them for hockey, snowboarding and jet skiing.
    The best feeling for me is taking them out

5. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

lol, I keep mine in for months at a time. I don't even take them out at night most of the time. My eye doctor loves me.

6. eric/ Guest

eric/

I take mine out every night, although I'm not adverse to leaving them in if I don't have a decent option for taking them out. I also don't use new ones except about every two months or so or whenever they start bothering my eyes.

I'm unsure if leaving them in like that is a good idea.

7. dontwalkhand thread starter macrumors 601

dontwalkhand

I know I wouldn't be able to leave them in,despite the contacts being labeled as night and day. The problem is all the eye buildup when you get up in the morning.

8. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

That goes away after a while (most of it). Though for the first 2 years I wore contacts I was in Korea. I didn't speak much Korean and the eye doctor I bought them from didn't speak much English. Had we communicated better the first few months wouldn't have been so bad. I had a couple of times I scratched my eyes pretty bad, and they were very sensitive to the light.

9. bruinsrme macrumors 601

bruinsrme

I wish I could.

10. fireshot91 macrumors 601

fireshot91

I got contacts about 3 years ago. Amazing feeling.

I take them out every night, and put on glasses when I go to bed. I got into bed 10 minutes ago (And, decided to browse MR), and am wearing glasses now.

I love wearing contacts. I can't sleep in mine though, it gets all foggy and sticky in the morning.

I do wear mine for much longer than the month (Maybe 2-2.5 months).

11. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I love my contacts too. I usually change into my glasses after I get home from work. I wear my glasses a couple of days a week too