Got a new screen on MacBook 2009 running OSX10.6.1 now taking 8 mins to load??

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by verveguitar, Jul 26, 2012.

1. verveguitar, Jul 26, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2012

verveguitar macrumors newbie

verveguitar

Hi I got my MacBook (white) 2009 running OSX 10.6.1 a replacement screen and now it takes over 8 minutes to boot up? It loaded fine before the new screen - is there anything that can be done to get the boot up time back to normal?

Also it gets rather hot pretty quickly also now.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. logana macrumors 65816

logana

Who fitted the replacement screen ?

There is no reason that the startup time should be slower with the new screen unless they dislodged something - possibly the fan and more ?

3. imageWIS macrumors 6502a

This. The screen should affect any other of the logic boards components, especially the CPU / GPU.

4. verveguitar, Jul 30, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 30, 2012

verveguitar thread starter macrumors newbie

verveguitar

These guys: http://www.applelaptopscreens.com/

So it's probable that in replacing the screen something has been knocked damaged? Don't get me wrong the new screen works/looks great now... its just a shame/frustrating the boot-up has suffered.

5. verveguitar thread starter macrumors newbie

verveguitar

Just a little update the MacBook won't get passed the boot up screen now and just shuts off when the progress bar gets about half way (after about 12 mins)

I used the discs to check hardware and disk repair and it said the disk was corrupted and recommended completely wiping the machine and re-installing the operating system.

Going to the Apple store in Regents Street to get a genius to have a look as not everything important has been backed up!

Guess the lesson is don't scrimp on getting your mac fixed in the first place!

6. imageWIS macrumors 6502a

7. logana macrumors 65816

logana

The hard disc was failing when you got it back - hence the slow boot times.

May well just be coincidence since hard discs can and do fail without a lot of warning.

Or it may have had a knock when it was transported to/from the repair place.

Most likely is just sheer coincidence - the hard disc would have failed with or without the screen repair.