got a refurbished iphone with cosmetic damages

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by surjavarman, Feb 25, 2013.

1. surjavarman macrumors 6502a

I have had it with apple. My first iphone 5 straight out of the box had some kind of discoloration and a few scratches. So I returned it and they send me a second one.

Well they send me a refurbished 2nd hand piece of junk. Not only has it been used (the battery was fully drained straight out of the box instead of 50%. furthermore it some cellular usage in the settings). God knows how many cycles that battery has seen. Not only that it came with cosmetic damages too. Plastic on the front bottom right corner was deformed. diamond cut my buttocks.

I have a long history with apple (problem free so far) and I am kind of loyal. But I bought the rMBP15 last summer minutes after store opened and I was one of the last of my batch to get my rMBP. People on macrumors called apple and they got free goodies as compensation for such long waiting times while my patience and politeness didn't get any rewards. And now they charged my credit card already yet I am without a iphone for 3 weeks. Should I ask for compensation cause I am very angry. Their quality control is very bad.

2. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

we have heard the same song sung since september.
    go buy a plastic samsung phone. youll be much happier.
    dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

3. Chris092881 macrumors 6502

Unfair. He has a right to be frustrated.

4. siurpeeman macrumors 603

siurpeeman

in the future, i would suggest you return (and not swap/exchange) your phone if you find any fault with it. that way, you can just buy another guaranteed-to-be-new phone instead of possibly getting a cosmetically defective replacement.

5. Mellisaray macrumors regular

yeah, i agree with you, and you should ask for compensation, since you have payed for this without getting the products you want.

6. surjavarman thread starter macrumors 6502a

So what do you mean? Return and get my money back then immediately place another order in the apple web store?

7. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Compensation?!? lol.

And people wonder why the economy is in the state it's in. Also - not every phone comes with 100% battery, and even if it was used, the cellular data count would be reset when it's restored. So I don't believe this one bit.

8. eawmp1 macrumors 601

eawmp1

Plastic? Are you sure we are talking about an iPhone 5?

You deserve nothing but a phone. Return until you are satisfied. And as for out of Anne for 3 weeks, what did you do with your old phone???

9. Ste Nova macrumors 6502

mine only had 10% battery in out of the box, and the celular count comes from your restore

10. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

Battery charge level means nothing. Your attitude wreaks of a know it all.

11. iceterminal macrumors 68000

iceterminal

Why would you agree to get a refurbished unit?
    Go directly to apple and get re-manufactured unit instead. HUGE difference between the two.

If you feel you got a refurb from apple contact them again. But Apple normally doesn't replace any unit in warranty with a refurb.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes, you should tell them to buy you a brand new car or a house or something...

13. abz1981 macrumors 65816

Seriously dude just live with the scratch or whatever it is. I had my iphone 5 replaced in the apple store. I checked it on inspection the first one they showed me, had 2 little scratches. So i got the genius to open another, before he opened the 2nd one, he told me this is the last one he can open. Again this one had a little scratch. So i just accepted it as it is.

End of the day its only a little scratch. Just stop complaining and enjoy the iphone.

----------

lol love your comments dude. I think you should be up for an award for the funny comments moderator lol. Makes me laugh each time. :D

14. 617aircav Suspended

Sure does but why is he asking questions that only he can answer.