Got a rMBP from B&H good deal or bad deal...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by gpspad, Nov 18, 2014.

1. gpspad macrumors 6502

Deal news had an editors choice alert for a late 2013 13" Macbook retina 2.6Hz, 8gb Ram, and 512GB SSD for $1,380. I live in Massachusetts, so I have limited tax free options (We pay tax for online purchases for most of the usual places that have apple deals). Was this a good deal?

Wasn't sure if Black Friday would bring me a better deal, or if the supply of late 2013's would be gone by black Friday. A note on deal news saying the unit was store pick up only pushed me to buy the one in my cart.

I was also torn between 256gb and 512gb, hopefully I made the right decision.

2. clyde2801 macrumors 601

clyde2801

I'd say it was a good deal, especially if you were able to avoid sales tax. Is there a return policy if you can find a better deal on Black Friday?

3. sbuntin macrumors member

sbuntin

Apple is currently selling that model for $1409, refurbished. If you got it for that price refurbished, you got a pretty good deal. If you got it for that price brand new, you got a really good deal. I doubt any deal you could get on black friday would have a significant enough difference to offset having to deal with Black Friday crowds (or Black Friday web-site-failures).

4. gpspad thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, it was tough pulling the trigger for that much before Christmas gifts, but planned on $1,200 for one with my bonus this year, and only went a little over.

I was tempted to just get the 8gb/256gb model, but wanted some future proofing. There wasn't a 16gb option, so I figured go for the 512gb instead. In the end the 512gb version had a slightly bigger discount anyway.

5. happyslayer macrumors 6502a

happyslayer

I got my current late 2014 rMBP from B&H and I know from the research I did, it was the best deal at the time. I have since seen it cheaper as Black Friday approaches but not by much. Reviews for B&H are all pretty good, so I think you got a good deal. The 512 SSD makes it good in my opinion.

6. lionkin macrumors regular

lionkin