Got AW wet and got startup Apple logo for a moment, happen to you?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Luba, May 28, 2015.

1. Luba, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015

Luba macrumors 6502a

Luba

I was washing my hands with AW on my wrist and to rise off all the soap I put my whole hand and wrist under the faucet for a second. After I did that and looked at the watch I got the startup Apple logo?? A couple seconds later the regular watch face re-appeared. I wonder if that was AW way of protecting itself, momentarily shutting down (which is why the Apple logo appeared)? Has this happened to you? Do you think it's a defect?

Btw, anybody else think the startup Apple logo with its gradient black color a bit odd looking? When I first saw it when I was setting up my AW I thought the AW screen was defective.

2. Mascots macrumors 65816

Mascots

It was probably activated when you flipped your wrists while moving your hands around, and in that moment, something caused a respring (soft crash).

I wash my Watch under hot water for a prolonged period of time every morning after I run and before I go to work. No issue.

The watch can't really determine if it's wet or not - just coincidence in your case.

3. Luba thread starter macrumors 6502a

Luba

Should I do a soft reset (turn off, then turn on AW) to clear out whatever caused the soft crash?

When you wash your AW, do you use soap? I try to keep soap away from the screen so the Oleophobic Coating doesn't wear away prematurely. I have no idea if ordinary hand soap would affect the Oleophobic Coating, perhaps you know the answer if does or not?

Makes sense the AW wouldn't know if I got it wet. I guess I'm imagining the AW is smarter than it actually is. :D

4. Newtons Apple macrumors G5

Newtons Apple

I do not think the soap will affect the oleophobic coating.

Just use your watch and enjoy it.