Got BANNED of of P2P Forums for asking an Apple Question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by akutad, Aug 21, 2009.

1. akutad macrumors regular

akutad

This has got to be rediculous. The question asked was:

I'm switching to the mac because I'm tired of using windows incompetent OS. Where should I buy my mac? From the apple online store or the apple brick and mortar store. Where have you purchased yours and what was your experience?

Here is a screen capture of my attempt to login.

Attached Files:

2. belvdr macrumors 603

Doesn't sound like the most intelligent group on the Internet, based on their language and spelling. Let it go.... :)

3. cmwade77 macrumors 6502a

I think that is the stupidest thing I have seen yet, that was not spam in any shape or form, it is also unprofessional to curse is something like that and they did misspell spamming.

As far as an answer to your question, I would recommend a third party store, like MacMall (only one I know that is good, otherwise I would list others), they will even pre-install parallels, windows, etc. for you, if you want them to and they don't charge too much to do so.

4. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I read another post here that p2p seemed to be anti mac. Maybe they are, their loss if they are.

5. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

Well with all due respect, was it the proper place to ask? It sounds like there is buckets of immaturity there and it would be no loss to me.

6. xIGmanIx macrumors 6502a

probably not the best way to ask the question. "windows incompetent OS"? to me there is no incompetent OS's just incompetent users

Edit: i would say if you know what you want already, whichever one you prefer
    1. obtaining the product the quickest
    2. cheapest price

7. FieryFurnace macrumors 6502

FieryFurnace

I agree with that.
    If that is a more windows based community, your use of "windows incompetent OS" didn't make you many friends. ;)

Anyways, I would buy a Mac in a real store instead of online if possible.

8. alexlovesmacs macrumors 6502a

I bet their forum is managed by 15 year old's.

IMO I think you should buy one at an Apple store if you are close to one, If not avoid Best Buy and order it on Apple's online store or MacMall.

9. gothamm macrumors 6502a

i think you had it coming. Your "windows is incompetent" comment was a premise to a flame war.

10. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Unfortunately quite a number of the technical incompetent believe windows is the world because they are too dull to try anything else.

Since those people DO think clicking start to shut down is normal, there is not much you can do. Ignore and move on.

11. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

I had a good laugh over their reasoning. Although not what the OP is looking for, it was funny.

12. MacFanUK macrumors 6502a

MacFanUK

They don't sound like a friendly community to me...stick to MacRumors :D