Got Duplicate Apple Keyboard for bday - $50 at Best Buy - what to get?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Ahheck01, Jan 15, 2010.

1. Ahheck01 macrumors 6502

I have a 13" Aluminum Macbook (the first unibody that got screwed on screen quality, firewire, and illuminated keyboard). I use it for my freelance work 50+ hours a week, attached to a slightly older (previous gen) 20" Cinema Display. I use a cheap and tiny bluetooth mouse, and a standard apple keyboard.

For my bday, my parents got me another apple keyboard. They're awesome to do that; they didn't know I already had one. So I have a gift receipt and have $50 to spend at best buy on something that's going to improve my daily workflow, etc.

I could def. use a new mouse. Should I shell out the extra $20 for the Magic Mouse? Should I get a different mouse? Should I get something other than a mouse? What would you get with $50 from best buy?

Things on my would-be-nice-to-have list around the $50 mark:
    -Nicer, more reliable mouse
    -A USB Hub that fits with the apple-esque theme
    -A nice desk lamp to enhance atmosphere
    -2 or 3 powerstrips
    -A reasonably comfortable office chair (currently sitting in hard plastic chair)

Open to ideas and suggestions!

2. roliath macrumors regular

roliath

Most definite upgrade for me would be a new chair, if I was using a hard plastic chair.

3. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

4. Ahheck01 thread starter macrumors 6502

I have one of those iCurves or whatever the clear laptop stand thing is. As for a chair, will it be possible to get a quality office chair for anything close to $50?

5. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

... I recently got a really nice adjustable office chair with good lumbar support and a mesh back for $59 = the only thing I don't like about it is the fixed arms but at least they are wide enough...can't hurt to try and look around...

6. brand macrumors 601

brand

Keep in mind that he is looking to spend $50 in store credit for something from Best Buy and is not shopping around.

7. brendu macrumors 68020

8. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...Best buy usually has a decent selection of desks/chairs - at least at the 3 locations I frequent when I'm at home in the states... why not look at Bestbuy.com and see if they have anything on-line and then you could order it to your home or a store near by...

9. aaron11193 macrumors regular

aaron11193

Karumba/Cairns/Charters Towers, QLD, Australia
    For me it would be a hard choice between the magic mouse and th chair.

I have used the magic mouse and it is so great.

But i would probably prefer to be more comfortable than to have a great mouse.

Chair it is.