Got gold at BestBuy, in store availability works

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by HelloMikee, Sep 25, 2013.

1. HelloMikee macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

For me, this was more luck than anything but did want to point it out.

Just wanted to let you know Best Buy "check store" links work.

I decided to go to BB after work to pick up Diablo III and to also randomly check on iPhones.

Low and behold they had about 10 (so he says) 64gb gold at&t iPhones. Shocked as I had a 32 reservation with them since day 1, I went ahead and picked up a 64 and canceled the 32.

A couple behind me also picked two up. They also looked shocked lol. As I was in store I was checking their website and it did indeed list them as available. As soon as I got home about 30 minutes later, the site had them listed as unavailable so they either went quickly, or he exaggerated with saying they had 10.

Nevertheless, they were accurate with availability. I also had my iPhone 5 64gb quoted at Apple, using some 3rd party company. They quoted it at $235! BB honored their $400 credit (can see online trade in prices on their site). Walked away paying $275 with my early upgrade. Not bad.

Loving the color. In some angles it's bold champagne while in other angles it borderline resembles silver.

A photo from an angle and lighting where the gold really comes out, though majority of the time, it's much more subtle than this:

[​IMG]

Happy hunting!

2. macman4291 macrumors regular

How?

Online it says in store only. It doesn't let you check what stores

3. HelloMikee thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

You might have to use the desktop version of the site.

If it says "In Store Only" and not "Unavailable" it means they have them in stock at that store. I recall the guy saying they also had 64GB Silver and looking online now, it says they do as well:

[​IMG]

4. Aussi3 macrumors regular

Aussi3

Can't wait to get one when they are available :) I'll keep waiting and checking at the apple store :)

Looks really good!!!

5. edtorious macrumors 65816

edtorious

i'm from San Diego too! Did they have the Verizon one also of 64GB Gold? So when they're site says in-store only under availability, that means they do have them in stock but you have to buy it in store and you cannot preorder online on their site? Ok now I get it. I'm going to have to check on their site more often now then. Where did you end up buying your iPhone 5s?

6. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Yep, this is how I got my Silver 32GB 5s. When I checked on Sunday the City of Industry BestBuy was the only store in the LA/OC/IE area that had them in stock.

7. KBS756 macrumors 6502a

Funny that no stores anywhere near me at all have iPhones 5s' according to that feature

8. Aakriti macrumors newbie

wow you got it. lovely phone, i am still waiting.

9. Iphone5preorder macrumors 6502a

10. MacKid1983 macrumors 6502

MacKid1983

Did they Price Match it for you? BB is $50.00 more than Apple.

11. KBS756 macrumors 6502a

anyone in the NJ area? I don't see any iPhone 5S of any color or size for att available at any best buy. Just wondering if all best buy are actually updating stock like that or some are just not bothering

Brother wants to exchange his 5C for a 5S ... and i really don't wanna go jumping multiple places if i don't have to

12. 34 Volt macrumors regular

34 Volt

I should have went to BB and got it there. The Apple Store is so unreliable :(

13. nancyfromafrica macrumors member

great you were lucky because these are limited edition sets, and are being sold on ebay for 10,000 dollars, :eek: unfortunately users are ready to buy it as well.

14. HelloMikee thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

For some reason I was only charged $594.99 with my early upgrade but when I checked online it was telling me $649 for the 64gb.

15. justiny Contributor

justiny

Seriously?

Total opposite for me. BB sold my pre-ordered 5s to a walk-in customer before they completely ran out on launch day... They totally screwed me over.

Cancelled that order and got my 5s at an Apple store on Monday.

16. Raibyn macrumors regular

Raibyn

How are you seeing the availability? Everything I see just says "In Store Only" for all models and I cannot see a store pickup availability option. Can someone post a link?

17. HelloMikee thread starter macrumors 6502a

HelloMikee

They'll be available soon enough. 10k for that person must be pocket change.

----------

I got mine at mission valley. I don't know if they had verizon as I was not checking for that carrier. Yea as long as you click check stores, put in zip code and it says in stores only instead of unavailable, they have it in stock. It's just a matter of getting to the store before someone swoops it up. Again, for me it was just luck.

18. 34 Volt macrumors regular

34 Volt

(I just chose a random capacity)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...9062811592&itemId=2099863&pageMode=searchmode

You go to one of the phones, click it and it brings you to the product page. On the right it says "Find it at a Best Buy store."

19. Raibyn macrumors regular

Raibyn

20. tymaster50 macrumors 68030

tymaster50

People are getting too excited over this phone :p

21. alent1234 macrumors 603

22. mfr1340 macrumors regular

AT&T Gold 5s

I ordered my gold 64gig at 12:03 and it came a week ahead of first date. 9/30 to 10/3. When I went to the big AT&T store there were about 10 sales people there. They hadn't seen a gold phone yet. They all came running to see and hold the phone. I felt lucky to have mine in hand. The sales crew were great. They changed over my 5 to my 5s and my wife's 4s to my 5.

23. 34 Volt macrumors regular

34 Volt

I really want the Silver 32GB AT&T. I sold my iPhone 5 to Apple for about $280, they gave me a gift card. Launch day they ran out of Silver, but I got Space Gray 16GB, to hold me off. Day after day I'm calling all the Apple Stores in NYC to see whens the next shipment, all they tell me is "the next shipment is tomorrow, but we don't know what color or capacity is going to be available". Waited in line this morning in Grand Central, only 64GB Space Gray. So I'm in a pickle, hoping to get the color and capacity I need before my 30 days are up :confused:

24. justiny Contributor

justiny

Hopefully Apple's online store will bring back the in-store pick-up option soon, as that's how I got mine. But after the experience I had with BB screwing me over, never again will I do business with them.

At least you have a 5s to get by until you get the model you're after, I'm sure it'll work out just fine.

Good luck!

25. carfac macrumors 65816

carfac

i cant stand bestbuy. i dont care if they have stock, i would never buy there.