got macbook back from geneious, they forgot to put airport card in!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by paperclip777, Jun 4, 2012.

1. paperclip777 macrumors newbie

I'm living in China. Was having trouble with my macbook, keyboard stuck on caps, overheating... Nearest Mac store was Hong kong, a night bus away.

So, get there on Sat morning, 9am explain that I need to have it by 6pm... to get my bus back. They said no problem.

Get it back 6.30... so didn't have a chance to check it, as I was rushing for my bus.

Back in China, everythings working great, except... NO AIRPORT CARD INSTALLED!

So, they took it apart, and forgot to put it back.

I really don't want to have to go all the way back, it's costly, and very time consuming.

How difficult is it to replace one of these? I could get them to courier it to me?

Can I use a usb wireless adapter for now... or do i need an internal card for these to work?

2. saberahul macrumors 68040

Call them up and ask them what they can do for you. No harm.

3. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

You can alternately take off the back panel and make sure the cable is plugged in all the way :)

4. Stetrain macrumors 68040

A USB WiFi adapter should work as a temporary solution, just make sure it has Mac drivers available.

If your Mac is still under warranty I would suggest going back to the Apple Store to have them fix your Airport Card, rather than trying to install it yourself.

Also they didn't necessarily forget to put it back in, it could have gone bad or may have a loose connection.

5. DrKockter macrumors member

well we cant really put back ur card on the forums but take it to a store or send it back and they will fix this and mayebe even offer you compensation for ur troubles

6. Astroboy907 macrumors 65816

Astroboy907

Well, here's this.. If iSight is out and it is a 2009 or earlier, it's probably the cable not working properly/ not connected fully.

7. chanyitian macrumors regular

WOW u had to take a bus and go to that store in ifc mall just to get it fixed? u should probably call them.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Give Apple a call. Especially if you're in China. They have a couple stores, namely in Beijing and Shanghai. I believe they let you send computers to them to fix; explain to them the issue.