iPhone XS Max Got my 256GB X S Max - very happy

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Tsepz, May 23, 2019.

1. Tsepz macrumors 68030

Tsepz

Got my new toy and so far so good. The transition from Android is not too bad as I already had an iPad Air 2 that had a lot of apps that I used on my Androids to.

Will see if I stick around longer than 6 months, but so far so good. [​IMG]

2. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Congrats!

This forum is a great place for questions and answers.

Hope you enjoy!

3. retta283 macrumors 6502a

retta283

Congrats, and welcome back to iPhone. Sorry to hear that you got burned by the whole Huawei ban.

4. DevinNj macrumors 6502a

Hope you enjoy your new iPhone, congratulations!

5. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

Good luck, hope your transition is a soft landing.

6. Wide opeN macrumors 6502a

Wide opeN

7. jagolden macrumors 6502a

jagolden

Congratulations, so glad you’re happy and to read a positive post.
    I have a 256 Xs Max also and love everything about it- from the cameras to the huge screen size, speed and battery.
    Good luck and I hope it serves you well.

The phone has a nice weight to it, feels substantial and a quality product. The particular case I’m using on mine is aluminum with a rubber core. Looks and feels fantast but does add still a little more weight. However, for my hans and uses, it’s a great phone/case combination.

CASES I’ve used (with Zagg glass screen protectors also):
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07KBZX493?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title

And

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07H9HXZJ9/ref=ppx_yo_mob_b_inactive_ship_o0_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Again, good luck and glad you’re pleased!

8. Banglazed macrumors demi-god

Banglazed

Glad you are enjoying it so far. In 11 days, you can get a preview of the new iOS 13 software slated for fall release. Hopefully, you stick around till then! Make sure to grab a case and screen protector to protect that investment. Let us know if you ever have any question!

9. Tsepz thread starter macrumors 68030

Tsepz

Hi Jagolden,

Thank you so much. Yes, fully agree with your comments, although battery life is not quite at Huawei P30 Pro levels it seems to be still be good.

Absolutely agree on size and weight, I have always liked big and heavy phones, and the X S Max really has an awesome feel to it, it’s size is JUST right for me, not too large yet not too small, I love that it sits wider than the Androids I am coming from and has a flatter display which means more room for my thumbs when typing.

I am also loving the way iOS seems to be a lot more well integrated with some apps. UI wise the X S Max is fast and smooth just like my Androids, but the smoothness is on another level as well as the consistency of it, Apple did a great job here.

In terms of cases, thank you so much will give those a look!
    I just took delivery of my first case today, but I tend to have more than 1 so I’ll have a look at the ones you suggested.

This is a decent case I got from a local supplier, but I am also looking at Incipio and Moshi.

[​IMG][​IMG]

10. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

I can hardly tell you have a case on at all. I’ve got a Caudabe case on my Xr like that.

I’m sorry about how things went with Huawei. But I hope you enjoy your Max. I genuinely loved mine and if not for the migraine issues I had with the display it would still be in my hands today. I miss the rich sounding speakers the most. And it’s the best OLED display I’ve used for movies because it doesn’t seem to have as many issues with crushing black colors in darkly lit scenes viewed in a dark environment. Unfortunately their “secret sauce” for doing this may be what was causing my migraines.

There is an app on the App Store called Ultralight that my husband uses to edit photos and he’s gotten some great results cleaning up photos taken in the dark that didn’t seem to turn out.

My husband is back on HIS Max right now. He switches back and forth. He does appreciate how reliable iOS has been of late.

I wish you the best.

11. Tsepz thread starter macrumors 68030

Tsepz

Thank you so much!

Oh yes, I remember you saying the X S Max gave you issues with its display, so sorry to hear that but at least you have the XR that I have heard gives awesome battery life.

Have to say one thing I absolutely love on this XS Max is the size, love how it’s wider and the flatter display is very much welcome after all the curved ones I have been dealing with.

I think much like your husband, I’ll also be switching back and forth, it’s nice to have to platforms to play with. Most of the equipment at work is Apple to including the Mac desktops, Apple TV in our boardroom, so this is great for me.

Ooooh, and I found something awesome yesterday, the Infotainment System in my car is built to integrate with Siri, so I simply press a button on my steering wheel and it activates Siri so I can even control playlists without touching the infotainment screen.

12. GrumpyMom macrumors 604

GrumpyMom

My battery life is just okay, but I’m fine with that. I’m really excited about the upcoming Xr adding a second lens and two new colors I’m sure to love. I am ready to trade in the yellow after a year. :p Though there is a chance I would get another yellow if some of the weaker rumors about pastel colors turn out to be true.

I was never sure what the situation was outside of the US, so I didn’t want to tout it as a benefit to you, but what we’ve found in the USA is so much support for iOS built into so many accessories and systems. My husband enjoys a similar integration between his iPhone and his infotainment system in his truck. (My truck is older so I’m missing that. Lol, I stick my iPhone in a cup holder and use it that way. :D)

I think Android still has the largest number of users even here, but when I go out shopping, it’s an iPhone/iOS world in terms of availability of services (iOS versions of apps for various services seem to always be updated and Android, not so much) and accessories like chargers and adapters. I think that is due to the fragmentation of the Android market.

But really, I love both platforms. We try hard to set things up in our own home so that both work.

13. Shadowbech macrumors 601

14. Tsepz thread starter macrumors 68030

Tsepz

Lol, yes. My car is a Renault Clio 4 Dynamique (lovely little French car) with all sorts of tech in it, most European built cars since around 2012 have some sort of Apple and Android integration, but more have Apple.

Yes, even in down here on South Africa, often times iOS apps get better support, BUT here in South Africa Samsung and Huawei are HUGE ,and so most developers will ensure the app works best on those two, Samsung’s get preference though in Android, but developers even down here still put more effort in the iOS apps, mainly because of the incredibly uneven structure of our economy, you find that the very few who own iOS here are technically worth more in $ and will engage more with the apps and are more likely to buy services.

15. Tsepz thread starter macrumors 68030

Tsepz

16. The Game 161 macrumors P6

The Game 161

I use the rhyno shield bumper and it works well and doesn’t add too much bulk..enjoy your phone.

17. I7guy macrumors Core

I7guy

18. eoblaed macrumors 68020

eoblaed

Apple, like most large companies, gets sued all the time. These are accusations made by three individuals. We'll see if there's any merit to their claims; I'd be surprised if there is.

19. Tsepz thread starter macrumors 68030

Tsepz

I am guessing this works a lot like Facebook and YouTube advertising, where Apple gives advertisers access to data according to Interests, Habits etc.... I’ve never seen the iTunes/AppStore ad platform interface, but I am sure it works a lot like Facebook and YouTube ones.

20. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

21. ericwn macrumors 68020

Enjoy the new device.

I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on anything on Bloomberg after the made up big hack story.

Apple gets sued all the time, especially in countries like the US where folks are going to court over almost anything. In dubio pro reo.

22. Shanghaichica macrumors G4

Shanghaichica

I thought it had to have CarPlay built in? I know nothing about cars though. I think we have a Mercedes B class from 2012 I didn’t think it works with iOS?

23. Tsepz thread starter macrumors 68030

Tsepz

The new upcoming Clio 5 will have CarPlay, but the Clio 4 is from 2012 (mine is a 2016) and so when they made the infotainment system the made it capable of syncing pretty well with Apple devices, it’s almost as if they knew CarPlay was coming but in the meantime did something that worked kinda like it.

It’s amazing, all my downloaded songs in Apple Music show up on the infotainment screen, I can browse playlists right on the Car’s touchscreen which is fantastic.

24. omelet1978 macrumors regular

Around the time of the iPhone 5/6 I switched to Android and mostly used Galaxy phones for 4 or 5 years. Switched back with the iPhone X not sure if I'd stay more than 6 months. I'm at the 9 or 10th month now and no plans to switch back and might upgrade to the iPhone XI in September.

25. Tsepz thread starter macrumors 68030

Tsepz

That is awesome, what made you switch?

So far I am thoroughly enjoying this phone, especially how well it integrates with my Car, how it integrates with my iPad and also work and home MacBooks.

Battery Life is also pretty good now that it has had two cycles, and I have figured out what I need and don’t need.

Signal is pretty decent at my place, not as strong as P30 Pro, but good.

I am loving how smooth it is and it’s overall build really has me hooked.