Got my 2nd replacement today

Discussion in 'iPad' started by L2gbrian, Apr 4, 2011.

1. L2gbrian macrumors member

Well got my 2nd replacement today and there is light bleeding :confused: ohh well I just say F with it and just deal with it I am convinced that all ipads have this light bleeding. Its a great product I love it so just have to do a mental blockage.

2. dru106 macrumors member

I have some but seriously dont notice till u have a black background which doesnt bother me at all....

3. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

yea it seems right now almost all units suffer from light bleed. Im going to wait till the end of the month before i go in to ask for a replacement. Hopefully they will have fixed whatever they needed to by then.

4. Loves2spoon macrumors 65816

Loves2spoon

I'm waiting until June to replace mine. Hopefully it will be corrected by than.

5. El3ctronics macrumors 65816

When you get a replacement is it a brand new one in the original box or do they have specific replacement ones in simple white box (like replacement iPhones). Also how do you show the light bleed issue to the geniuses without having a dark room to display it?

6. PBz macrumors 65816

PBz

The replacement I received was a new/sealed in-the-box.

7. slicecom macrumors 68020

Apple has a long history of simply ignoring issues like this. I'm quite confident it won't be addressed until the iPad 3.

8. L2gbrian thread starter macrumors member

Brand new in a sealed box

9. Bartman01 macrumors regular

Agree. The average user won't even notice this. Assuming it is a fundamental design trait, they will just leave as is for this version as opposed to retooling the product. It would be cheaper to just placate us picky folk reselling the returned units as refurbs.

Now if a simple 'line change' can fix it they will just quietly make that change.

10. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

I don't really understand why it's such a big issue. Do you enjoy staring at a black screen? You don't even notice it while using the device. Mine has it, and I really couldn't care less. It works perfectly fine.

11. MadDragon1846 macrumors regular

Mine has light bleed, but it's nowhere near as bad as some of the pics I'v seen on here. I have my brightness set to around 40% and I can see it along the bottom of the screen (bottom as in the side with the home button), when I have a dark background. It doesn't need to be a black background to see it. (no I'm not viewing it in a dark room either lol).

I know I should just ignore it, beings it could be alot worse, but it still drives me crazy lol

Apart from the light bleed, my iPad 2 is perfect. So I'll probably just put up with it and hope the iPad 3 has some better quality control. :rolleyes:

Just hope my bodyguardz hurries up and gets here, before it gets scratched! :eek: