Got my "Carved" Wood Travelers Case Today

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ArkieBiker, Oct 9, 2014.

1. ArkieBiker macrumors regular

ArkieBiker

I've got the iPhone 6 Plus.

I got my wood case from CARVED.com today. Very nice!! First a little about the case....it is rubber bumper with the back made out of real wood, albeit just a thin piece, but thick enough to laser cut. The case fit very well and what at first was an annoyance turned out to be a good thing regarding the buttons.

The buttons are all rubber overlays and the sleep/power button is difficult to find since it is flatter than a raised button (but that's a good thing for me now)...as I don't inadvertently turn the phone off when taking a horizontal photo.

I have had 4 wood cases over the years of owning all generations of the iPhones. I love the look, feel and ability to customize the case. The case offers minimal (but some) durability and protection, however if you are ROUGH on your phone, then a wood case is probably not for you. However, I do ride a motorcycle (about 20,000 miles per year)...and this phone in my FRONT pocket fits easily.

When I get my wood cases...the very first thing I do is take BLACK KIWI wax shoe polish and rub it into the creases and crevices of the engraving on the back...I'll let it sit for a couple of minutes and then WIPE the wood clean, which leaves the carving (lasered areas) black. I repeat this step to ensure that I have all the lines completely black. Then I'll wipe it clean again...then put on a layer of BROWN KIWI wax shoe polish, let that sit for a few minutes and then WIPE it clean too...you end up with what you see here.

I am waiting on Carved.com to offer CUSTOM graphics on their 6 Plus and when they do, then I'll have the other image you see here "carved" onto the back of the case.

Attached Files:

2. Matt.Simmons macrumors member

I just placed my order last week. Case looks good. Still waiting for it to ship but I'm pretty pumped for it.

3. ArkieBiker thread starter macrumors regular

ArkieBiker

You won't be disappointed. The more I handle the phone in the case...the better I like it...and I liked it from the beginning. TRY MY WAX tip...you'll really like the outcome.

4. mysterydate macrumors 6502

mysterydate

Jeez, you shoulda found us. No wax needed - it's how they are. And we do customs. ;)

[​IMG]

5. saphir macrumors member

Except it costs twice as much, soooo......

6. ArkieBiker thread starter macrumors regular

ArkieBiker

You also don't make it for the 6 Plus, nor do you offer customized designs. But I do like your cases...they do look nice.

7. bigred7078 macrumors 6502a

bigred7078

He said they do customs...