Got My iPhone 5 for 10 seconds

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SL4VE, Sep 21, 2012.

1. SL4VE macrumors 6502

opened the box and there was somethig big loose inside the phone took it back and now have to wait 1-2 weeks for replacement from UK Carphone Whorehouse. proper gutted and depressed now, considering i sold my iPhone 4s 4 days ago really pissed off now i got no phone... Just curious if anyone else had issues? :(

2. drb1992 macrumors 6502

drb1992

Don't tell me you took your phone in to get replaced because you heard rattling inside? If you did, that is normal and there is nothing wrong with the phone.

3. ginwrak macrumors member

define something big a loose?

all these reports of missing screws, scratches and now this issue getting me a little worried of quality control of the phones going out.

4. lsutigerfan1976 macrumors 68000

I would have tried to keep it till the new one came in. Either had them ship me the new one, or swap it in the store. But i would not have given it back till i was sure i had the new one.

5. emaja macrumors 68000

He meant "a big moose."

6. ginwrak macrumors member

7. SL4VE thread starter macrumors 6502

what i mean is, it wasnt like the camera lens/zoom that normally rattles it was the battery was moving side to size. the weight of the phone completely moved :mad:

8. orangecrushv macrumors regular

Mine has a pixel line all the way across the display that flickers and makes everything below it jiggle up and down... Guess I won't be able to avoid the Apple store this weekend, ugh.

9. thenamesbryce macrumors newbie

That would be the end for me. I started with the first iPhone and have upgraded every year that I could. But this year Im on the fence. Im still not sure if Im going to upgrade to the new one.

----------

I remember waiting in line for the iPhone 4, sleeping in front of the store that night. If I had waited all that time to end up with a broken phone I would grab my pitchfork and torch and head back to the store.

10. SL4VE thread starter macrumors 6502

yeah i kicked off too, but what can the guys do if APPLE have only sent them peoples pre ordered phones

11. SL4VE thread starter macrumors 6502

Just called apple. Can't do anything or give me any lead times. Seriously thinking of leaving apple. Quality keeps dropping with every launch. But yet my 4s hase been very good. Only one replacement.

12. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

You have to remember they are shipping millions out. A few out of that is a very small percentage. I doubt you have any problems with your replacement,

13. darngooddesign macrumors G3

Why would you leave the store without checking the phone worked and was in fine shape?

14. thenamesbryce macrumors newbie

I probably would give the phone a quick lookover but I'd be more excited about getting home and syncing everthing. There's several things to check out and I wouldnt want to sit in the store forever checking every one.

But you're right something like this where the screen's doing that would be easier to notice.

15. SL4VE thread starter macrumors 6502

Great news. I can now go back to the shop and get my iPhone than apple genius will replace it on tuesday. Next available appointment.

16. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

Someone in my twitter feed had the same problem. You're not alone.

17. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

I hope it least its Bullwinkle moose!!!!!!!!

18. billinaz macrumors 6502

billinaz

Except the battery not adhered to the case. Either open it and push the battery onto the tape, or replace it.

19. SL4VE thread starter macrumors 6502

What's his twitter name

20. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

Can't remember off hand but he got a new phone today from Apple store

21. SL4VE thread starter macrumors 6502

Haha I think you are talking about me on twitter