Got my iphone 5 replaced(black scratched and light bleed) for a white

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by x-evil-x, Sep 22, 2012.

1. x-evil-x macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

went to 3 different apple stores and the last one let me do it.

Opened the first white one and there was a scratch on the bottom she brought out another one and its perfect.

my question is i put applecare+ on the other black one do i need to call and transfer it to this phone?

also does anybody know what clear screens(for back and sides only) they have that dont have the orange peel look? i dont want to cover the front glass ive never had a screen protector on my 4 and it was fine for two years. i just want to protect the back and sides with a clear screen.
    Thanks

2. klover macrumors 6502a

Wait, do you mean to say that the first two stores refused to swap for that reason?

3. d0minick macrumors 6502

I had a light leak and the genius guy couldnt have been more helpful. Replaced it with no questions asked. My app was at 10AM and there was a long line of people hoping to get a phone. they let me in before 10AM for the appointment.

4. x-evil-x thread starter macrumors 68030

x-evil-x

they said they didnt have any in stock and id have to wait. i asked if they had stock for this exact issue and they said no they have ones without boxes for issues but i couldnt do a color swap without getting a brand new one. both stores didnt have any in stock.

5. physicsguy13 macrumors 6502

physicsguy13

The applecare+ should be transferred for you automatically in a couple of days.

6. mgb1120 macrumors 6502

It is not you have to call 1800 apl care to get it transferred from the other phone, i had to do this yesterday :cool: