Got my repaired MBP 13 back...how do I know if they really replaced the logic board

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by netddos, May 23, 2010.

1. netddos macrumors regular

I got my MBP 13" back from repair..

From the paperwork, it seems like they replaced pretty much EVERYTHING.

Replaced Display (there was a blotch on my screen)
    Replaced logic board (was constantly beach balling)
    Replaced 160GB HDD (was replaced with 250GB HDD...that's good I guess)

My question is...is there any way to know if the logic board has been indeed replaced?

I thought every logic board has their own specific serial #...mine didn't change....

Many thanks.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

If they said they replaced it, they replaced it.

3. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

The machine has a serial number, which you see in about this mac.

When they swap the logic board, a repair tech app lets you put it back in. So it'll be blank or back to the System Serial.

The part number and individual serials/barcodes on the board need a hand scanner and the Apple database to use.

So if you see a new board in the repair sheet it'll only likely show as changed from the desktop as a change in firmware, bootrom, GPU firmware, etc.

4. The Tuck macrumors 6502

The Tuck

Your computer will still have the same serial number. It's how Apple keeps track of their machines for warranty and repair services. I agree with the person above me. If they said they replaced, it then they replaced it.

-The Tuck

5. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

i understand the paranoia that comes with such things as repairs. wanting to know if it really was "repaired" or "replaced". but at the end of the day, u just gotta believe in the force!

mac 4 life :apple:

6. lcseds macrumors 6502a

Because they have no reason to lie. Unless perhaps it was an out of warranty repair and you were paying for it. Relax and enjoy.

7. GeekOFComedy macrumors 6502a

If you buy off iTunes you would need to re-authorize and would add a "new computer"