Got my Unlimited data back

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by DerekRod, Feb 1, 2012.

1. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

So thought Id share my story with you guys wanna see what you think about it.During the summer of 11' I decided to tweet AT&T about coming back to them.i had to move to Verizon for work and had always used a Blackberry on AT&T with unlimited data.Upon going to verizon I picked up my first iPhone ever.Hated verizon from the beginning too damn expensive so getting ahold of AT&T on twitter was easy they told me to PM a number for them to contact which they then proceeded to tweet accidentally.I was mad so they sweet talked told me they'd give my unlimited data back too keep quiet and would even let me wait for the new iPhone to come out before leaving VZW.Then in september they called and said the deal was off and that I would have to accept 2GB and 1 free month I was FURIOUS,so I sent an email to Randall Stephenson and got a call back from an "assistant" who put my unlimited data back on no issues at all.

2. chakraj macrumors 65816

chakraj

Welcome to the Wild World of Throttleing. You now have access to up to 2 gigs of data at normal speeds then to be throttled down to nothing for the remainder of your month.

Enjoy:p

3. DerekRod thread starter macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

i usually use 2.5 gigs havent been throttled yet,But Ive always recieved the warning even with my Blackberry in 20010

4. antman2295 macrumors 6502

Wow, Blackberry is still around in 20010?! Lol.

5. Wide opeN macrumors 6502

Wide opeN

Just goes to show, that things CAN get done if people so CHOOSE to.

6. Stealthipad macrumors 68040

Stealthipad

Sorry but few are throttled at 2gb. YOU are just a sad AT&T user!

7. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

An iphone 4S on my family plan just hit 3GB's with a week left on the billing cycle and still no throttling or a message about it.

8. DerekRod thread starter macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

I always would get a text warning about my data at about 1.5 GB but never throttled and I do cross the 2gb notch but never over 3

Yeah in 2010 I thought RIM would pick up the slack Fast forward they didnt and I havent looked back love iOS

9. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Interesting, so you got the text/warning but they didnt throttle you.
    It also might have to do with location.
    I noticed you're in NY so the network there from what I heard is really congested and my guess is they would stay on top of that.
    In other non-metro or dense populated areas the top 5% might be different.

10. haxrnick macrumors 6502a

haxrnick

I've often wondered how many people are just trolling saying they got/are getting throttled. Seems like this is the only forum that the topic is always brought up about it.

11. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

So what are your speeds while being throttled?

12. ericrwalker macrumors 68030

ericrwalker

13. DerekRod thread starter macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Spot on when im in manhattan I get the warning I guess they wanna scare you into to not using data when im home on staten island(Suburb of NYC) nothing and yes MANHAtan is terribly overloaded

14. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

Seems like it took a lot to get it back, I tried to get it back on one of our family lines and it was a no go.

On the throttling issue I'm at 3GBs with full speeds.

15. DerekRod thread starter macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Yeah dude but I was persistent they tweeted my number to thousands I had prank calls etc Ive been an AT&T customer(Cell,Landline)since the 70's they took care of me but only the executive office would do it.He didnt even give me an excuse just said of course ill do it restored my cocoa cola FAN too made it seem so easy.I have a feeling they still issue to unlimited to A-list celebrities and important people.Though this is speculation lol

16. j3yq macrumors 6502

j3yq

They tweeted your number, that sucks! Their customer service has been the best hands down though, so after that I'd hope they offer it.

I had an issue getting my FAN discount and they credited my account $300.