Got wife an iPad 2 3G 16 gig for Mothers Day

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gtmac, May 6, 2011.

1. gtmac macrumors 6502a

I wanted a 16gig wifi. After much searching and only seeing Verizon models I finally at least found a AT&T 3G. Pretty sure it was still there since I would imagine most willing to pay for 3G would want more memory.

I am pretty stoked I may not even tell her it's a 3G but figure that could come in handy some day. I have the 64 gig wifi and a sprint mifi so I don't need the 3G.

Just posting since I am pretty excited after all the searching!!!

2. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

That is very cool. Makes me feel bad that I am planning to spend $100 tonight on my wife for mothers day. Funny how the husbands end up with the bigger memory. Last year I bought myself a 16g iPhone 4 when it came out. My wife asked if she could upgrade here 2g. I went to apple, bought a 32g iPhone 4, switched sims, reversed the numbers at AT&T, then restored her new 16g iPhone 4 as a new phone.:p

Now I feel worse.:(

Hope your wife enjoys mothers day.:)

3. TigerBabe macrumors 6502

You gentleman are both great it's nice to see you both appreciate your wives so much!

4. Aviboy97 macrumors regular

Make sure you invest in a good case! My wide dropped and destroyed our iPad 64GB 3G earlier this week. I lucked out by having Apple replace it for free, however, she still broke it.

I ordered the Cyber Acoustics case for $39.95 and free shipping directly from www.cyberacoustics.com.

5. peled macrumors member

peled

I know some people that dropped their wife, and got an iPad to themselves instead...:D

6. laurenr macrumors 6502a

Lovely gift. Just make sure your Wife never sees this thread or your comments:rolleyes:..........just sayin':p

7. gtmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

What I meant was she would think I should have just ordered a 16 gig wifi and say I was wasting money on 3G. She hates wasting money, or when I waste money!

8. Legion93 macrumors 6502a

Legion93

To me, I can hardly afford a pair of socks for my wife.

9. peled macrumors member

peled

All those special days "woman day" Father Day" (see the all list here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_commemorative_days )

Was invented by sales people who wants to sale you stuff.
    Thank god we don't have it yet in my country.
    But I am afraid we are starting to...

10. Fliesen macrumors 6502a

Fliesen

god forbid there's actually people out there who enjoy giving other people gifts.

if anyone wants to create a 2nd christmas sometime during the fall, sign me up!

11. iPutz macrumors member

I'm giving my wife a white 16gb wifi with a baby blue Smart Cover tomorrow. Never do we spend like this on gifts but she is having surgery next month and I thought she'd enjoy this during her recovery.

12. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

She is going to love it. I had surgery a few months ago and stayed a few nights in the hospital. Back then all I had was my lowly iPhone 4 to entertain me. If I had my iPad back then, I would have been in heaven.

To the OP--awesome MD gift. I think my wife would have loved that, but I just bought her a Kindle for Christmas. :)

13. treyjustice macrumors 65816

treyjustice

14. gtmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well my mother in law just dropped my wife's iPhone 4 and it shattered. Well be going to the apple store to see what our options are but I am guessing we are looking at $299.

No way she will want to keep the iPad now.

15. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

That sucks. I've been there. I was cleaning my iPhone 4 off and had taken the case off to wipe it down. One of my kids called me into the bathroom for some sort of urgent matter and I didn't put it down before I went in to help him. Dropped it on the tile floor and it smashed to bits. I had to pay $199 for a refurbed iPhone 4. Chances are they will not replace it for you for free, but sometimes they are really cool like that and just throw you a bone.

But shouldn't your mother in law be paying for this???? Don't tell me she said, "Oops I dropped your iPhone, sucks to be you."

16. gtmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

It happened in front of a bunch of people and everyone was like oh well it happens. I said yes but that just cost me $300 bucks!

I hope we get a refurb and any sort of deal. Then I am telling my wife it wasn't my fault the phone broke so just enjoy than dang iPad!!!

17. spiderman0616 macrumors 68030

spiderman0616

You are very patient......I would have asked the person who dropped it to replace it.

18. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

LOL... Ask your mother in law to replace the iPhone she broke... right before mothers day... in front of the mother of your children.

19. gtmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

That right there made me laugh and sums it up perfectly.

20. EARL97850 macrumors member

I ordered a 32g Black over a month ago and still no ship date. My idea blew up in my face so ad to scramble for something else.

I'm glad you will be able to surprise your wife.

HAPPY MOTHERS DAY TO ALL THE LADIES!!!

Cya

21. gtmac thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks all, she loved and I told her it was 3G before she opened the packaging and she loved it! I also gave her a black smart cover and a 10 ft charger cable just like I use.

Wish us luck at the apple store to replace her iphone 4!!!!

When my two year old was giving it to her he said "it's an iPad Mommy!". No way she couldn't keep it!!!!!

22. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

Great gift! Me and my sis giving our Mom a 1st gen iPad 16GB 3G today.

23. erayser macrumors 65816

erayser

Glad to see such thought and appreciation toward their moms and wives. The way I am through the year, and how my wife puts up with me and the boys, she deserves a nice gift like this. However, my kids and I bought her a new white and pink... mother-in-law drop friendly otterbox commuters case, and a Sony alarm clock with dock. She loved it. My bought other things for my wife, but not iDevice related.