Govdelivery - company responsible for unsolicited White House e-mails identified?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mkrishnan, Aug 22, 2009.

1. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

FOX ran this some 36 minutes ago...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/200...-firm-sent-unsolicited-e-mails-health-reform/

So far this is a FOX News exclusive, so all appropriate disclaimers apply.

2. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Funny how it isn't showing up anywhere else. Just ran a search- nothing.

3. mkrishnan thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Well, they themselves stated essentially that it was an exclusive privately communicated only to them by a WH informat. We'll see if it holds up. ;)

4. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Even if it is true, why does it matter? This is more honesty than Bush ever gave us. This is a tiny white lie compared to killing hundreds of thousands of people over a huge lie. I don't know why this matters.

5. mkrishnan thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I've said for some time I think Bush, along with Cheney, Rice, Rumsfeld, etc, should be tried for war crimes. And for that matter, I think the Obama administration also already has bigger inherited issues to deal with, like the legality of an extended, known CIA war in Pakistan and the detention program.

But right is still right... from a cybersecurity program, more than relation to the Bush era things, I think this actually reminds me of the Sony rootkit fiasco -- in that situation, a large company was essentially given a walk for what would have been a serious and aggressively prosecuted crime if a hacker did it. In this case, if there is evidence of illegal activity, it should still be determined who and why, even if there are bigger fish to fry....

6. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Until Bush and Cheney are tried for what they did, nothing happens here. I won't support any prosecution on this matter (if true) until they are brought up on charges. Conservatives can f*** off until they come clean too. Until Obama starts a war over a lie, conservatives need to ****.

7. Zombie Acorn macrumors 65816

Zombie Acorn

Yes, let's allow future administrations to do **** all just because a previous one ****ed up, makes perfect sense. Eyes to the future instead of the past.

8. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

We let Bush get away with it, didn't we? I've said this before to conservatives, if they wouldn't hold Bush accountable, they wouldn't have a leg to stand on when a Dem gets in office. Well, they don't have any right to say anything right now. We'll deal with Obama and anything wrong that he does. They need to **** and deal with it. That's what they told us, and now the chickens have come home to roost.

9. mkrishnan thread starter Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

It seems as of yet the story has not been picked up by the AP or other major news sources... we'll see if they pick it up in the morning, I guess.

10. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I just checked too. I'll bet it's another Faux News blunder, but I'll give it the benefit of the doubt. They've certainly lied about worse.

11. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

My thoughts exactly

12. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I love your agument.2 wrongs make a right.

That and you seem to say it is ok to sink to lower levels.

As for those emails that are sent out they are damn annoying and yes break their own laws on the fact many people have not requisted anything from that from white house

As for the emails them selves I think they were a piss poor move by the Obama administration because of how annoying they are and to me on the level of the Penis enlargement crap I get in my spam box fill up with any how.

illegal what the white house did. No. Politically a bad idea Yes.

13. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Well, Dems haven't **** over Bush's alleged wrongdoing, so why should Reps now **** over Obama's alleged wrongdoing? Sounds like a double standard to me. How many little petty self-serving lies by Obama would you consider to be equivalent to one big Bush lie?

14. OutThere macrumors 603

OutThere

"Hundreds of emails"....certainly sounds grim to me.

15. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Obama isn't responsible for ending hundreds of thousands of lives over his lies, which you guys never seemed to worry about with Bush. So I don't see how you have the right to complain now. That's not a double standard, that would show consistency.

Yep- and I don't care. I'm sick of their BS.

16. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Aren't thousands of lives still being lost in this war under Obama's stewardship? What about the hundreds of innocent lives lost in Afghanistan and Pakistan by Drone missiles delivered with Obama's permission? You complain about terrorists not treated properly or given a fair trial by the Bush administration, and yet seem to support bombing suspected terrorist and anyone else who may be in the way of these bombs without trial in Afghanistan and Pakistan under Obama's directives. You keep complaining about Bush's actions, and yet say little when Obama follows in his footsteps.

17. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Obama is having to clean up Bush's mess and is in the process of getting us out of Iraq. And if you'd been paying attention, you'd know that I've never been against the Afghanistan effort. Not when Bush did it, and not now.

And if this little Faux News report turns out to be BS, which is looking likely, what will you say then?

18. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Fair enough.

Nothing. I didn't make the accusation or say I believed it. I referred to it as alleged wrongdoing.

19. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

I take it you inbox has not been getting full of the crap they are reporting about. It seems to be at least every few days I get some of the spam. It is a new low for politics to sink to spamming.

If you want I can post a quote out of the last one I got. It is annoying and I NEVER and I repeat NEVER signed up for it. Anything the spam message I consider crap and only 1/4 truths at best.

20. mgguy macrumors 6502

mgguy

Please do.

21. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

So basicly you are saying two wrongs make a right.

on the Iraq things like it or not some people feel that was the right way to go. Not going to get into that debate here

But based on your own statements you feel it acceptable and the right thing to do for Obama to sink to a level of a Email spammer?

22. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

Ask and you shall recieved. I pulled this out of my junk mail box. It is from info@messages.whitehouse.gov It has white house letter head at the top and links things kicking back to whitehouse.gov for key facts. Unscribe link goes is going to be linking back to whitehouse.gov and it is an unsubscribe page but it is the whitehouse.gov sight. So pulling from that it pretty official to me and pretty low. Started to annoy me when I first saw them. I wrote it off at first then they kept coming.

This one is from last week.

23. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

First of all, we don't know if this is even true. And given that no one else has picked this up, it's beginning to look fishy.

Secondly, Bush lied about the reasons for war. Whether you were for or against Iraq, the fact remains that the guy lied. That shouldn't be OK no matter which side you're on.

Lastly, What I'm saying is that I want to see some consistency from conservatives regarding wrongdoing by politicians. If they were quiet during Bush, they shouldn't be getting loud now either.

24. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

Shouldn't a "senior advisor to the President" be able to write proper English - or in this case Latin - in his spam emails? What does he think "status quo" means? :confused:

25. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime