Governing via videoconference

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Thomas Veil, Apr 24, 2007.

1. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Guardian

A sign of the times, huh? No particular point of view on this, I just thought it was cool. :)

2. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

No, sounds too much like Big Brother is watching all of us. I don't like the idea.

3. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

now that corzine has discovered advanced technology, perhaps the next futuristic device he should try is the so-called "seatbelt".

4. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Damn! You beat me to it! ;)

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

nah, for you i left the opportunity to make a joke about new jersey governors always breaking their legs. hurry! :)

6. Thomas Veil thread starter macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

How do you figure? It's point-to-point conferencing, and it's only for a few months while he recovers. It's not as if they're advocating putting webcams on everyone's workstations so they can permanently spy on them.

However, you can't argue with zim about that fascinating seat belt technology. Corzine might also consider getting a driver who isn't suicidal.

7. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

My assumption is that if it looks too slick, don't trust it at all. And I promise you that it works every time.

8. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Aren't the people who usually drive governors around off-duty cops?

I know Ahnold's driver got caught going that fast through my county with a cop behind the wheel. Nobody got in any trouble, as I recall.

9. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

The guy driving was texting on his phone as well. Unbelievable. I didn't know he was a Dem though until I saw conservatives making fun of him not wearing a seat belt.