Graduate from your top British school, join ISIS, and die.

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by aaronvan, May 26, 2015.

1. aaronvan Suspended

aaronvan

I guess British civics & values weren't part of the curriculum. I wonder what they did learn at that "prestigious" school?

The Iraqi members of ISIS are too intelligent to drive suicide vehicles. Lucky for them, they have an ample supply of willing foreign idiots.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...pupil-of-the-same-school-to-die-10272944.html

2. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Of course it couldn't be that man is just inherently evil. We always have to find something else to blame in order to rationalize evil behavior. What sort of curriculum was to blame when Cain killed Abel?

3. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

Common core?
    Creationism?
    Book of fables?

4. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

I don't believe that man is inherently evil. I do believe some people are evil, and far more people are weak followers desperate to find some meaning in their pathetic, useless lives.

5. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Yes, according to "your" definition of evil I would completely agree and when an entire believe system is based on a fundamental untruth, the world becomes a confusing place that can only be rationalized through irrational conclusions. Everyone else is desperate, weak and lives a pathetic useless life according to my self-proclaimed view of right and wrong because I am all-knowing :rolleyes:

6. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Gramps, what the hell am I paying you for?
    I don't know what common core is, but it makes me really mad for some reason.

7. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

I reject your bleak and hopeless worldview.

8. chown33 macrumors 604

The flouridation is taking effect.

9. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

My worldview? I thought I was paraphrasing you but okay if you say so. :D

10. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

Oh, but you should see my smile...

11. jkcerda macrumors 6502

jkcerda

It's a conspiracy
    But I am, got the password to your web cam long ago. :eek:

In a way, we should be thankful they decided to go die elsewhere instead of waging jihad in the country they were already in . Bernie sanders is the ONLY one currently running that opposed much of the stupidity we find ourselves in today, he's getting my vote so far.

12. TheHateMachine macrumors 6502a

TheHateMachine

Same.

13. Peterkro macrumors 68020

Peterkro

I'd be a bit wary about calling Holland Park a "top British school" certainly in the sixties seventies and eighties it was a progressive comprehensive since then its become an Academy and has lost much of its respect.
    Keep in mind it's in an area of London where the majority of pupils are privately schooled so it is in fact a sink school as the only one to provide openings to non-private education.
    Most of the working class kids in the area (and there are quite a few,regardless of it being one of the most prosperous areas of the UK there are a number of council estates hanging on there) go to secondaries in other council areas.It's very over subscribed due again to being the only option for regular parents.

14. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Isn't that also the title of one of the Goosebumps books?

15. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Harry Potter? Beats me...

Attached Files:

16. DonJudgeMe macrumors regular

That's because something or someone IS always responsible. People are not born with any predispositions. These things have to be taught and/or learned either directly or indirectly.

No one has ever come out of a woomb pledging allegiance to Jesus, Allah, Buddah, or any "gods".

Someone is always to blame.

17. sim667 macrumors 65816

I wouldn't exactly describe it as a prestigious school.

18. Renzatic Suspended

Renzatic

They speak with an English accent, so even if it is a dirt poor sod farm school, it'll seem just a little classy to us.

19. sim667 macrumors 65816

Does devvo even sound classy to you? :D

20. Peace macrumors Core

Peace

Not true. Sen Ron Wyden D.- Oregon is the other one.

21. sodapop1, May 28, 2015
    Last edited: May 28, 2015

sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Ha, completely flawed wisdom that only holds up if you ignore man's beginning :) But of course, man had no beginning.

You conveniently did not answer my question regarding the first murder the world has ever seen. If evil is something that is taught and man is completely innocent at birth, then who or what first taught man evil? From where did man learn evil? Did man even before he was able to read and write find some book that taught him evil?

As I said earlier, when you ignore the truth and your whole belief system is based on a falsehood, your mind becomes confused. And by the way, at least for me, my belief in God came prior to pursuing any religion. Religion is nothing more than a means to understand what one already knows to be true.

And just so we are on the same page, my definition of evil is any behavior that goes against the will of God. The very first act of evil was when Adam and Eve disobeyed God by eating from the forbidden tree. Similarly, when Cain killed Abel out of jealously this was also an act of evil.

22. sim667 macrumors 65816

Comp turned academy right?

If my education had been provided by a school thats run by private companies for profit off the taxpayer, I'd probably consider joining a terrorist organisation too tbh. :D

23. aaronvan thread starter Suspended

aaronvan

Not if it's an East London school.

24. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Many of the people fighting for ISIS believe that they are doing something just. Idealistic young people duped by old, powerful men into doing their bidding... It used to be called 'angry young man' syndrome, and I think quite of few of those of us who are older will recognise something similar from our past.

If we continue to think of these fighters as abnormal or evil from the onset of their recruitment, then we will lose. We need to give these gullible young people a better way of changing the world.