Grand Central and 5th Avenue NYC have 2016 MBPs w/ TouchBar

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by AdonisSMU, Nov 16, 2016.

1. AdonisSMU macrumors 603

FYI, I am at the Apple Store in Grand Central with my new Space Gray 2016 MacBook Pro 15" 512GB. I traded in the Silver just now so I could get more storage. I wanted to let others know in case they were interested in having their MacBooks now rather than later.

2. LiemTa macrumors 6502

I just called both stores to check availability. None.

3. justinf77 macrumors 6502

I picked up my 13" Touch Bar model with i7/512/16 specs this morning from the Grand Central store. Was thrilled they had this particular model in stock as this was the one I ordered and I wasn't supposed to get it until the beginning of December.

4. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

You have to go into the store. I was told last night they weren't letting people phone in to see what stock was available. I literally just walked out of grand central and I was at 5th ave an hour ago. And The person I spoke with showed me the stock for the greater NYC area.

5. scsinnyc macrumors newbie

Do you remember if they had any of the 13" 3.3 in stock yesterday? I just called both the Grand Central and 5th Ave stores and they told me that they had the 2.9 available, but nothing higher in any of the stores in the city.

6. AdonisSMU thread starter macrumors 603

I dont. I was specifically interested in the 15" model.

7. scsinnyc macrumors newbie

Ok, thank you. I'll keep trying!

8. Bryan Bowler macrumors 68040

Thank you for letting people now. Most other businesses are happy to sell to you, but some bizarre reason, Apple wants their stock to be their own little secret.