Great Apple Store service and replacement of 3GS

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by takufu01, Jul 4, 2009.

1. takufu01 macrumors regular

Hi everyone just wanted to share a great customer service experience at a Apple Store yesterday....I was having problems downloading movies from iTunes onto my iphone....everytime I would start the download it would freeze.....well...decided to make an appointment and take the phone to Apple Store.....guy was real cool...ran a check on the phone...told me to restore it as new phone....if that didn't help than bring it back....well it didn't work.....took the phone back and they replaced it with a new 32g black....guy at the Iphone bar said that there was a buffering issue and maybe a memory issue....but.....they were great with service and replacing the phone....thought I would share that.....Great service Apple!!!!!!

2. CKohkah macrumors 6502

Was the replacement in a white box or brand new?

3. acfusion29 macrumors 68040

acfusion29

What are the first two digits of your serial number?

4. takufu01 thread starter macrumors regular

5. PeterKG macrumors 6502

I just got back with a replacement. It was in a white box. They already have them for the 3GS, BUT, it has a normal serial number, not a refurb. serial number. It is 889247xxxxx. My previous was a week 25 build, different factory. I wanted replacement due to poor battery life, light leaking (very small) and something the rattles when I shook it. This new one as far as build looks great. Better display. No leaking light. But battery performance will have to be tested. I am running 3.1 beta. But I checked my old 3G and it has a rattle, and so does this replacement, so they must all rattle.