GREAT commerical we wont see due to oversensitive people!


clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
7,473
180
visiting from downstream
Mr. Anderson said:
That's damn funny - but if we're not going to see it, who had it made?

D
They (Budweiser, Anheuser-Busch) did. The ad was censored by the network after they had already produced it... advertisers have to create their ads and then get approval from the network. Fox said no to this one, and to the one where we would have gotten to see Mickey Rooney's ass.

Seconds later, after my sight returns, I click "Submit Reply". :)
 

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
7,473
180
visiting from downstream
wdlove said:
I think that the link is broken.

Not Found
The requested URL /****/budweiser_wardrobe_malfunction.mov was not found on this server.


Apache/1.3.26 Server at hlsux.bugdave.com Port 80
You have to replace the **** with the aforementioned dirty word. (Starts with an "s", ends with "hit".)

The "*" is sometimes referred to as a "Nathan Hale" because it was Mr. Hale who famously said "I regret that I have but one ass to risk for my country." :)
 

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
29,641
12
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Hmmm...I found this funnier than I thought I would. True.

I bet the particular kind of sensitivity is Fox being sensitive to the kind of bad press and sanctions dished out for the original event.... :(
 

heaven

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2004
553
2
wdlove said:
I think that the link is broken.

Not Found
The requested URL /****/budweiser_wardrobe_malfunction.mov was not found on this server.


Apache/1.3.26 Server at hlsux.bugdave.com Port 80
Here are some mirrors..

Enjoy
 

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
7,473
180
visiting from downstream
munkle said:
That's pretty good but can somebody please explain to me why it's not allowed to be aired?
The ad proposes an explanation for why Janet Jackson had her "wardrobe malfunction" (i.e., her costume came open and her right breast was briefly exposed on the most widely viewed TV broadcast in the world) during last year's Super Bowl. The scandal of this has been so great that there has been a backlash against "indecency" on TV in the US, particularly during family-oriented programming such as the Super Bowl. So, even a funny ad that pokes fun at the incident is out of bounds... at least, this year.
 

Applespider

macrumors G4
Very funny - I was at the Super Bowl last year and I don't think anyone in the audience spotted the malfunction.

We came out sure that if people weren't talking about the game, they'd be talking about the streaker :eek: at the start of the second half - but no!
 

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
24,378
110
Location Location Location
The commercials made cater to oversensitive Americans.

The rest of the world would, once again, laugh it off.

I heard on the news that over 500 million phone calls were made to Fox over the incident last year. I think that number seems a bit high myself, but hey, that's what I heard.
 

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
7,473
180
visiting from downstream
We definitely saw the incident here at my house... we were watching the game on a 50" Runco plasma with HD cable box, and all of us did a double-take and said, "Holy crap, was that what I thought it was?"

They didn't air the streaker on TV... they were prepared for that and decided not to give any airtime at all to anyone trying to pull a stunt like that. Kinda hard to keep the camera off the headline entertainer, though. :rolleyes:

Oh, and the game was on CBS last year, not Fox.
 

munkle

macrumors 68030
Aug 7, 2004
2,580
0
On a jet plane
clayjohanson said:
The ad proposes an explanation for why Janet Jackson had her "wardrobe malfunction" (i.e., her costume came open and her right breast was briefly exposed on the most widely viewed TV broadcast in the world) during last year's Super Bowl. The scandal of this has been so great that there has been a backlash against "indecency" on TV in the US, particularly during family-oriented programming such as the Super Bowl. So, even a funny ad that pokes fun at the incident is out of bounds... at least, this year.
I understood the Janet reference but am still a little shocked that the ad is deemed as indecent, I mean it's not like it's this ad!
 

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2003
660
0
Bay Area
Abstract said:
I heard on the news that over 500 million phone calls were made to Fox over the incident last year. I think that number seems a bit high myself, but hey, that's what I heard.
Well, considering the population of the United States is only ~290 million and that only ~145 million watch the superbowl, I highly doubt this number is accurate. It wasn't that big a deal, it's just that the people who thought it was made a lot of noise.
 

clayj

macrumors 604
Jan 14, 2005
7,473
180
visiting from downstream
munkle said:
I understood the Janet reference but am still a little shocked that the ad is deemed as indecent, I mean it's not like it's this ad!
Well, that ad was fake. The Bud Light ad, while not offensive, reminds viewers of what happened last year. Fox is pretty intent on not allowing that to happen... they want a nice, orderly Super Bowl this year with no scandals.
 

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
1,955
0
I Live Where I Live
clayjohanson said:
Well, that ad was fake. The Bud Light ad, while not offensive, reminds viewers of what happened last year. Fox is pretty intent on not allowing that to happen... they want a nice, orderly Super Bowl this year with no scandals.
i say who cares.... its funny as hell.
 

mgargan1

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 22, 2003
1,219
0
Reston, VA
as do I, things are only a big deal if we make it a big deal. As Americans, we're very uptight about nudity and sex... it's taboo. As for most of the world, it's something that is not that big a deal. If a radio DJ says a bad word across the pond, I'm sure that the government of that country wont fine them. It just a problem in America, because we have a lot of conservatives who want to make it a big deal.
 

Phat_Pat

macrumors 68000
May 8, 2004
1,955
0
I Live Where I Live
mgargan1 said:
as do I, things are only a big deal if we make it a big deal. As Americans, we're very uptight about nudity and sex... it's taboo. As for most of the world, it's something that is not that big a deal. If a radio DJ says a bad word across the pond, I'm sure that the government of that country wont fine them. It just a problem in America, because we have a lot of conservatives who want to make it a big deal.
yeah people in america get to picky. So what if its a bad word. Its a WORD! Not like someone is forcing you to listen to it.

I think people just need to relax.
 

mactastic

macrumors 68040
Apr 24, 2003
3,647
661
Colly-fornia
Will cheerleaders be wearing something more than bikini underwear under their extra-mini-skirts this year? Will the cameramen (as usual) get some nice close-up shots of that tiny piece of fabric over the beaver? Cheerleader tops stop real close to where a nipple shield covers, but it's OK since the bottom of the breast is covered? Or is that sexuality OK with people? Will we be seeing impotence drug commercials? Scantily clad women in alcohol commercials?