Great Customer Service on out of warranty MacBook

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by dontpannic, Nov 5, 2012.

1. dontpannic, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 17, 2012

dontpannic macrumors 6502

dontpannic

Earlier this year I took my Sisters 2009 Macbook into Apple because the base had delaminated.

I took it in again yesterday because the replacement base had delaminated (remember, this is 3 years old now), and the Genius also spotted a hairline crack on the hinge). I mentioned at this point that the display flickers when it starts up or resumes from sleep, thought it was the logic board so he would have to charge for that. I declined, I just said sort out the base. He ended up replacing the base, LCD, lid, hinges (£219 worth of work) on this 2 year out of warranty machine. It also ended up solving the display flicker too.

Very very very impressed with Apple's customer care. I was almost expecting to be charged for the base considering it is rubber it could have been put down as wear and tear, but to have all of that replaced (even though I didn't even notice a fracture, even when he pointed it out!), is just absolutely astonishing.

2. slomo86 macrumors member

slomo86

My Macbook is doing the same exact thing! It has a hair line crack on both hinges and right above the LAN plug... But my screen don't flicker, it seems to freeze and starts to pixelate mostly when I am watching a fullscreen video. I wonder if this is a "normal" problem...

3. PerformaGuy macrumors member

PerformaGuy

Great Apple Customer care! Has anyone been to the Microsoft Store equivalent of the Genius bar? Wonder what it is like on the other side.

4. AnonMac50 macrumors 65816

Wasn't there a recall or something for MacBooks that crack?