Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iPat

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 21, 2002
I was just able to pickup a new 12" Powerbook with 256 MB Ram, 40 Gig HD, Combo drive, AirportExtreme card, VirtualPC and 3 year Applecare for $1579.00 from my dental school's main campus bookstore (roughly a $2200.00 package). I had been on here complaining about my 700MHz iBook (still haven't gotten it back from it's second logic board repair and it's been 2 weeks) but when I was told about this deal (only for dental students) I went right out and purchased one. I like it it a lot although I'm still waiting for my 512MB stick from Crucial. With 256MB it actually runs much less smoothly than my iBook did with 640MB. I expect when this has 640MB it will be a bit faster. My point, for all of you at a university, don't overlook some significant deals offered by the book stores.

Raiwong

macrumors member
Apr 7, 2003
my friend has a powerbook 640mb ram 12 inch, it preforms exatcly the same as my 800mhz ibook with 384mb ram and it lags in iphoto for no reason

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.