Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kleinishere

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
As a MacRumors forum member I thought I would share a truly amazing deal that I just came across as this community has given so much to me. This is not an ad and I am in no way affiliated with any iPhone 3G protection companies, just another end user that found a great deal. A lot of us iPhone 3G buyers are looking for one of the invisible shield protection solutions so I thought this was worth sharing.

Note to moderators: I just posted some of this under the ZAGG shipping thread but I'm afraid the thread will be overlooked because its main focus concerns the ZAGG shipping so I am posting it on a new thread.

I had ordered an Invisible Shield but since it hadn't been shipped and the shipping got moved back so long I cancelled it.

I read some more reviews and found out about BodyGuardz and decided to look them up. Their iPhone 3G full body cover lists for $24.95 and includes 2 backs and 2 screen covers. The item says it "Usually ships within 24 hours." Not only was this better than Invisible Shield but I also looked online and found someone that had listed the coupon code "utah" yesterday online. Someone from bodyguardz.com supposedly handed him a card while waiting on his iPhone 3G and told him that "utah" was good for $10 off. Sure enough this worked and I got it down to $14.95 but decided to go for the $5.30 Priority Mail flat rate shipping instead of the free shipping option. ( I live in Kentucky but "utah" still worked for me so it shouldn't be state dependent. ) This is almost the same price as Best Skins Ever forgetting about the shipping from both companies but with a better product review from iLounge.

This is DEFINITELY the best deal as far as shields go as BodyGuardz also provides lifetime replacements. I'll probably end up selling the extra shield set on eBay anyways. I don't know how long "utah" will last but I'd definitely check this out fast. There you go, I've done the research for you so now all you have to do is decide whether or not to order! Hope this was helpful.

Also, a good review of BodyGuardz is over at ilounge.com at http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/new...for-iphone-3g/ which also compares BestSkinsEver and Invisible Shield. Guess who wins? BodyGuardz.

bmonster

macrumors member
Jun 28, 2007
alright.. you've got me convinced.. I'm ordering now! just wished I had read this before I ordered my invisible shield from zagg. Can you tell me how you cancelled your order from zagg? did you just call them? thanks

macman4291

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2006
alright.. you've got me convinced.. I'm ordering now! just wished I had read this before I ordered my invisible shield from zagg. Can you tell me how you cancelled your order from zagg? did you just call them? thanks

I dont like that you hafta apply Liquid to the iPhone, seems too risky, and I bet you cant ever get it off with out leaving residue

Espo

macrumors 6502
Aug 16, 2007
NY
I ordered my bodyguardz yet I didn't put the coupon. May I still get the discount if I call?

kleinishere

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 13, 2006
I canceled my order by going to http://www.zagg.com/support/contact.php and making the concern "I would like to cancel an order." As they offer full money back except shipping within 30 days of purchase date I figure this won't be a problem. I'm assuming everything will go alright on Monday and they'll refund my purchase. You can wait until Monday to call if you're unsure about this.

There is a way to cancel BodyGuardz orders by logging into your user account. It's one of the main options whenever you login.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006
My Invisible Shield (backs only) came today and I've not put it on yet. I'll order the BeskSkinsEver.

$5.99 for the back. $7.99 for front/back. It's a no-brainer at that price as those you use BSE seem to love it. I'll try them both.

the_wallcrawler

macrumors regular
Feb 16, 2003
A co-worker had a Bodyguardz cover on his 1st gen iPhone. He loved it. When he sold it the think looked brand new - no residue. I tried one on my 1st gen iPhone and couldn't get the corners to stay down. Patience required when putting it on.

macman4291

macrumors regular
Jul 23, 2006
A co-worker had a Bodyguardz cover on his 1st gen iPhone. He loved it. When he sold it the think looked brand new - no residue. I tried one on my 1st gen iPhone and couldn't get the corners to stay down. Patience required when putting it on.

Do the corners not stay down? I dont know if I want it if they dont stay down?

But when he peeled his body guard off it looked brand new?

cheapa55

macrumors 6502a
Oct 29, 2007
Thanks! I don't think I can wait for my IS to come in. Will cancel IS before ordering these.

heyp

macrumors 6502
Jan 29, 2008
doesn't seem to work anymore... bummer... anybody know of any other coupon codes that work?

update: looks like "phoneshow" takes off $2.50... not as nice as $10 clearly

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.