Great experience with apple once again!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by MacDadd3, Oct 13, 2012.

1. MacDadd3 macrumors newbie

So my iphone 5 had what I felt was very different battery experience than my 4s and a couple little scuffs on the side(which I could have lived with) so I went to test it at the apple store through a genius appointment to make sure everything was gravy and had a very nice experience. When I got there the genius took a look at my 5 and basically said that the battery issue was most likely related to software, IMO understandable, but he noticed the scuffs and I said well I can live with those (they weren't very noticeable). He said, "this is an expensive phone and mine came out of the box perfect," so he proceeded to state that he felt I should also have the same experience and began an exchange for my iphone. I got a flawless replacement. I was not under AppleCare an I didn't even buy my phone at apple I bought it at RadioShack. I've never needed to replace an iPhone since 2008 and this just continues to solidify my affiliation with apple. Just thought I would share a positive experience I know sometimes the critiques pile up on the forums.

2. Bahroo macrumors 68000

Sounds like you got a incredibly generous guy. I bet if the manager found out he did that he would bug out lmao. But thats sickkkk, only at Apple.

3. bandofbrothers macrumors 601

bandofbrothers

Apple's Customer Service shines out once again.

This is one of the reasons I continue to purchase from them.

4. the caveman macrumors 6502

You have a standard one year warranty regardless of where you purchased it right?

5. RRutter macrumors 6502

Actually, this seems to be the norm at Apple. My brother took his iPhone in that was crashing randomly and they gave him a brand new one. Even a friend of mine with a cracked back took it in, did enough complaining, and walked out with a brand new one as well. They are very good about dealing with their customers (to an extent, of course).

6. Icealicy macrumors newbie

I'm happy you had a great experience. I didn't.
    I went to the apple store 2 weeks after I received my phone. I saw the Genius Bar apple employee and told him my phone was scuffed right out of the box. Problem is I know people have been getting them switched out even after 2 weeks. I was told sorry should have came earlier nothing we can do. I was basically turned back...

Terrible my experience was so I was fed up and called apple two days later. Took 40 minutes on the phone but finally got a replacement order in.

7. kolax macrumors G3

Regardless of where you buy it, you get a 1 year warranty/AppleCare.

8. hdalien macrumors member

It seems to vary store to store and town to town from the reading around here. Where I live, there is only one Apple store in the entire state, thankfully local to me. I've visited our genius bar on multiple occasions because I own a couple mac, iPhones etc., never anything major, just this or that. Thankfully the GB staff at my store are top notch and I've never walked out disappointed by the service I received, and more often than not, walk out reminded of why Apple customer care is ranked as highly as it is.