Great iPods but still no Macbooks, who is still waiting???

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by *Sandy*, Sep 9, 2008.

1. *Sandy* macrumors 6502

Just wondering who is buying and who will wait .

2. notdarkyet macrumors newbie

notdarkyet

I'm in that boat too! Am leaning towards waiting, at this point...
    I do wish they'd hurry up. :)

3. JG271 macrumors 6502a

JG271

I'll be waiting. I figure that it would make sense to update them before christmas... so I'm hopeful i won't have to wait too long!

I wasn't expecting macbooks today.

4. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

Didn't you just buy a new MB?

New MB's and MBP's were not expected to be announced today. Were you expecting them to be?

5. boiledsoup macrumors newbie

I've waited at least 5 months no harm in waiting 3 more weeks =(

6. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Might be a lot longer than that.

7. CalmEnvy macrumors 6502a

Could be longer then that but who knows. I'm happy with my MacBook and could care less about the updates. I'll just upgrade the ram and hdd when needed.

8. Bengt77 macrumors 68000

Bengt77

Please don't say such scary things.

9. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

One to four weeks is my guess.

I bought my MBP back in June and I love it, so while I hope they release it sooner rather then later for those who are waiting, I am content so whatever they offer isn't going to engender any "buyer's remorse" in me. :)

10. Vulcan macrumors 65816

Vulcan

If it doesn't come out in October, it will be November. If it doesn't come out then, it will be December. If not then, MacWorld 09. If they put the mini or pro before it, expect it to be backed up until next year.

I just got my MacBook a couple days ago and I couldn't be happier with it. I can confidently say it is the nicest and fastest computer I've ever owned. I considered waiting, just like about everyone that visits this site does, but figured it could just go on forever and the free iPod and printer were a complete steal.

11. mbleopard macrumors regular

I hope your right, my Dell desktop gave out on me this summer and just last Thursday my HP laptop's motherboard quit too! I really want to go get a macbook but I'll be kicking myself if I buy this gen macbook and the new ones come out next month, but I just dont know how much longer I can wait without any computer

12. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

Well it is not like what we have now are pieces of junk.

Whether Apple goes to Montevina/X4500 or the nVidia MCP79 chipset and graphics become nicer (maybe two or even three times as nicer), if that is all you care about because you spend most of your time playing games, a laptop is likely not the best choice to begin with...

I wanted to wait for the new MBP, but my decision point was June so when it was reached with no hint of a new model, I bought. So now I have four months of a great machine that has really improved my "computer life" and even if the new one has more cores or faster speeds or better graphics, it won't really matter to me since I'm still ahead of where I was back in May.

13. iMacmatician macrumors 601

14. mbleopard macrumors regular

I like the macbooks that are out now, my girlfriend has a white one that I have been using since mine broke and I was all set to go out and buy a black macbook and get the free ipod touch. I used to game a lot but now im too busy with school and work and such to care about games

But then I started reading about how the new macbooks are supposed to be faster, thinner, lighter, LED screens, glass touchpads, etc, etc whatever other rumors you want to throw on there.

I decided that it would drive me nuts having the last generation model if the new ones came out soon, but if it gets to the beginning or mid October then I may just have to take the plunge and get one of the current MB or MBP

15. thetinman macrumors member

thetinman

Think i'm gonna be doing the same.

16. andrewdale macrumors 6502a

I'm waiting. The current screens are just terrible and I'm not going to spend money on a screen that dim.

17. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Mine is perfectly fine. It is stupid to say they are terrible.

18. notdarkyet macrumors newbie

notdarkyet

I'd heard that Macbook screens were generally excellent, at least compared to most PC laptops on the market... is that not true, or not universally true?

19. jeffuwee macrumors member

jeffuwee

mm i thought they might announce a new macbook or mbp but i guess not. i was going to buy the blackbook anyways. so yeah. i'll probably buy it in the next week or two.

20. fedup flyer macrumors regular

I am betting on new Macbooks to be released in late Oct and on the market for the Christmas rush. Now, if Apple would just start making a 13' Macbook Pro

21. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

At 13 feet, shouldn't that be MacPro Bookshelf? :D

22. vendettabass macrumors 6502a

vendettabass

23. draggy macrumors newbie

Been waiting for several months now and this is driving me nuts. If new macbooks are not released in three weeks, I will be buying a Lenovo.

24. Euan macrumors regular