Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'MacBook' started by *Sandy*, Sep 9, 2008.
Just wondering who is buying and who will wait .
I'm in that boat too! Am leaning towards waiting, at this point...
I do wish they'd hurry up.
I'll be waiting. I figure that it would make sense to update them before christmas... so I'm hopeful i won't have to wait too long!
I wasn't expecting macbooks today.
Didn't you just buy a new MB?
New MB's and MBP's were not expected to be announced today. Were you expecting them to be?
Hey look, Macbooks!
I've waited at least 5 months no harm in waiting 3 more weeks =(
Might be a lot longer than that.
Could be longer then that but who knows. I'm happy with my MacBook and could care less about the updates. I'll just upgrade the ram and hdd when needed.
Please don't say such scary things.
One to four weeks is my guess.
I bought my MBP back in June and I love it, so while I hope they release it sooner rather then later for those who are waiting, I am content so whatever they offer isn't going to engender any "buyer's remorse" in me.
If it doesn't come out in October, it will be November. If it doesn't come out then, it will be December. If not then, MacWorld 09. If they put the mini or pro before it, expect it to be backed up until next year.
I just got my MacBook a couple days ago and I couldn't be happier with it. I can confidently say it is the nicest and fastest computer I've ever owned. I considered waiting, just like about everyone that visits this site does, but figured it could just go on forever and the free iPod and printer were a complete steal.
I hope your right, my Dell desktop gave out on me this summer and just last Thursday my HP laptop's motherboard quit too! I really want to go get a macbook but I'll be kicking myself if I buy this gen macbook and the new ones come out next month, but I just dont know how much longer I can wait without any computer
Well it is not like what we have now are pieces of junk.
Whether Apple goes to Montevina/X4500 or the nVidia MCP79 chipset and graphics become nicer (maybe two or even three times as nicer), if that is all you care about because you spend most of your time playing games, a laptop is likely not the best choice to begin with...
I wanted to wait for the new MBP, but my decision point was June so when it was reached with no hint of a new model, I bought. So now I have four months of a great machine that has really improved my "computer life" and even if the new one has more cores or faster speeds or better graphics, it won't really matter to me since I'm still ahead of where I was back in May.
About one month to go, I'd say.
I like the macbooks that are out now, my girlfriend has a white one that I have been using since mine broke and I was all set to go out and buy a black macbook and get the free ipod touch. I used to game a lot but now im too busy with school and work and such to care about games
But then I started reading about how the new macbooks are supposed to be faster, thinner, lighter, LED screens, glass touchpads, etc, etc whatever other rumors you want to throw on there.
I decided that it would drive me nuts having the last generation model if the new ones came out soon, but if it gets to the beginning or mid October then I may just have to take the plunge and get one of the current MB or MBP
Think i'm gonna be doing the same.
I'm waiting. The current screens are just terrible and I'm not going to spend money on a screen that dim.
Mine is perfectly fine. It is stupid to say they are terrible.
I'd heard that Macbook screens were generally excellent, at least compared to most PC laptops on the market... is that not true, or not universally true?
mm i thought they might announce a new macbook or mbp but i guess not. i was going to buy the blackbook anyways. so yeah. i'll probably buy it in the next week or two.
I am betting on new Macbooks to be released in late Oct and on the market for the Christmas rush. Now, if Apple would just start making a 13' Macbook Pro
At 13 feet, shouldn't that be MacPro Bookshelf?
Still waiting here too. Blackbook 2.53Ghz
Been waiting for several months now and this is driving me nuts. If new macbooks are not released in three weeks, I will be buying a Lenovo.
I'm buying a MB tomorrow morning, 9am