Great to see some of the old faces still around!

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by highres, Jul 15, 2015.

1. highres macrumors 6502a

highres

Hello All!

Most if not everybody will have no idea who I am, it's great to see some of the old faces like Jaffa Cake (Some great World Cup and Tour De France threads years ago), Doctor Q (Still the master of all statistics I see), Sun Baked, Thomas Veil (resident conservative who took a lot of heat for playing devils advocate), iJon, obeygiant, Ugg and many, many others....Aloha!

I wonder if some of the spirited regulars like Skunk are still around? Many great debates in Community Discussion! I know I could simply use the Search function but I just wanted to say hello.

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

3. highres thread starter macrumors 6502a

highres

<<<<<----- I am me. Not a top or prolific poster by any means. I frequented the forums around the time indicated under my avatar mostly for Mac resources and "rumors" and the occasional dip into the Community Discussion and Politics forum. I enjoyed my time spent here, the colorful personalities/regulars that posted here were entertaining and informative.

Re: The old time prolific posters leaving, the end of an era on MR I suppose...

4. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

5. highres thread starter macrumors 6502a

highres

My orbit only takes me around these parts every few years I guess. An unnoticed absence and an unnoticed return by all except you and Mr Downs! Works for me. :cool:

6. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Yep. No clue who you are. Hello.

7. TSE macrumors 68030

Serious question, am I considered an old timer?

8. Scepticalscribe Contributor

Scepticalscribe

I think re 'old time posters leaving', some found that life intervened - new jobs, new relationships - with the time needed to maintain an online life, others found different outlets, yet others decided to leave - or circumstances compelled them to leave (illness and so on), and there were some who were - I suspect - asked to leave.

Anyway, may I extend to you a warm welcome back.

9. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Some may even have gone over to the dark side....

Microsoft!

Or worse....

Android!

:D

10. LadyX macrumors 68020

LadyX

Lol. I don't know you and you don't know me either. I have only been a member for 3 years (2012) so far. I was interested to see how long you were away so I checked your profile