Great video on Israeli settlements and occupation

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stylinexpat, Sep 26, 2012.

1. stylinexpat macrumors 6502a

Very interesting video about these illegal settlements and occupations. We often hear from the Israelis talking about Iran buying time for their nuclear weapons program which makes one wonder about time being bought for a 2 state solution..

Check out video below:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZGxl7T5HK4

2. segovius macrumors regular

segovius

Iran has no nuclear weapons programme.

But if they did they could never use it. One nuke anywhere and US and Israeli nukes would automatically obliterate the country.

But it cuts both ways: Iran would be safe from attack.

Israel/US just do not want Iran to have that protection. It's just a shame Iraq, Libya and Syria had no nukes....would not be reduced to the rubble they are now with millions of dead.

3. thewitt macrumors 68020

thewitt

And you know this how?

4. segovius macrumors regular

segovius

Because the same liars who said Iraq had WMD and all the other lies are telling me.

But as I said: let's assume they are making a nuke - I hope they do. They cannot possibly ever use them so they are no threat.

And it will save the lives of possibly millions of Iranians and save a beautiful culture - one that you may not care about but I do - from disappearing forever along with the beautiful shrines of Libya, the antiquities or Iraq, the Bamiyan Buddhas, the Churches of Syria (nearly all gone now).

So it's a no-brainer really: something they cannot ever use but will save them vs death and destruction.

Works for me.

Btw - I answered you. Now answer me: how do you know they ARE?

5. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Huseein's Iraq did have WMD, and used them (ironically given your concern for Iran, the WMD were used on Iranian soldiers and civilians).

By the way, 'millions' have not died in the Arab Spring. It sounds like you are trying to find ways of hating the US. No doubt before the Arab Spring you complained about US support for the repressive regimes in the region (which is a far more reasonable criticism than blaming the US for fictional deaths).

FWIW - I find Israel's policies on new settlements (a.k.a. stealing Palestinian land) indefensible.

6. segovius macrumors regular

segovius

Ok...They had WMD ok. Blair was right too with the 45 minute warning. Ok.

Didn't say Arab Spring. Said since first Iraq invasion but you're right. I see it now. No-one dead OK. Great news.

Yes...don't know why. Sorry. I see it now. All the US wants to do is to spread love and peace. Was rude in the past about that nice Mr Bush too. Sorry.

Yes. I did that too. Guilty as charged. I really don't know why I do these things with no evidence at all.

No no no....I'm sure they're fine. Really.....They are probably helping the Palestinians in their own way. It must be tough because I realize they are savages now. I saw it on a subway poster.

7. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

@Segovius: Things are bad enough without sarcasm, hyperbole and cynicism, don't you think? Just sayin'.

8. segovius macrumors regular

segovius

Yeah...I agree. Wasn't sure how else to respond at the time though. Was utterly mind-blowing.