Greatest Apple Product of All Time #4

Which of these products was the greatest?

• Powerbook 1400

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Powerbook 2400

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Powerbook G3

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • iBook (Original)

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Powerbook G3 (Bronze Keyboard)

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2001
How odd, when I went to post this poll I discovered I had started a fad. Someone has already popped up with an "Apple Survivor" thread. Anyway the top ranking item in each category will be placed into a final poll,etc. Since none of you were especially familiar with the old laptops maybe you'll be more familiar with some of these. This is the "Recent Laptops" category. As for the TiBook and New iBook you'll see them in a future poll.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
what the hell!

PowerBook G3...it brought the G3 processor to portables...thus paving the way for the PowerBook G4...

well...not entirely...but it sounded good! :p

Taft

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Chicago
G3 all the way. My dad had one for work and I thought it was one of the coolest things I'd ever seen.

Matthew

AmbitiousLemon

Moderator emeritus
Nov 28, 2001
down in Fraggle Rock
th g3 powerbook with the bronze keyboard was the best hands down. first laptop with a stylish design, only one in the list that can run osx, still sells for over $1000 because people realize how valuable a computer it is. with the pc card slots and drive bays it beats all the modern laptops with expandability and battery life. the thing is pretty amazing. i could never buy a g4 powerbook beacsue of the battery life. as eyelikeart said about the original g3 powerbook it paved the way for everything else to come.

Dunepilot

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2002
UK
Originally posted by AmbitiousLemon
th g3 powerbook with the bronze keyboard was the best hands down. first laptop with a stylish design, only one in the list that can run osx, still sells for over $1000 because people realize how valuable a computer it is. with the pc card slots and drive bays it beats all the modern laptops with expandability and battery life. the thing is pretty amazing. i could never buy a g4 powerbook beacsue of the battery life. as eyelikeart said about the original g3 powerbook it paved the way for everything else to come.
And that's what I'm posting from.

[don't tell anyone, but it doesn't run OS X well;) so I'm sticking on 9 until my next machine]

Have swapped the harddrive, installed larger ram chips a couple of times, my machine has USB, Firewire (via PCMCIA) AND SCSI.

How cool is that!

twek

macrumors newbie
Apr 19, 2002
San Francisco
G3 Pismo by a long shot!

i do live video performance and i've used tibooks and the older powerbooks. for some reason the last edition of the G3 PB is just the most stable, elegant, well designed computer apple has ever made. i find it still performs just as well as the newer powerbooks for live work. i haven't tried the latest 667 tibooks, but from what i've heard the meager 256 cache really sucks for realtime audio/visual work.

so the G3 Pismo still reigns supreme in my opinion :)