Greenies oppose carbon tax because it doesnt fatten the Govts wallet...

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by s2mikey, Aug 3, 2016.

1. s2mikey macrumors 68020

s2mikey

Interesting. Always wondered if the greenies out there had a REAL agenda regarding carbon taxes and such. I thought it was to save the polar bears or whatever. Maybe not so. The carbon taxes are offset by other tax breaks and cuts which the greenies just can NOT have. Wonder why? If its all about saving mother Earth then why do tax cuts that help with the enormous costs of this carbon stuff bother them?

Hmmm. Does not compute. Fail. Error. Thats because they have "other" interests here. Who'd have thought? They want the money to go right into the general fund so they can piss it away on more social programs and other nonsense. No thanks. What a joke.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...d-carbon-tax-because-it-doesnt-grow-govt.html

2. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

Go read the Green Party platform. Makes Sanders look like a conservative.

3. Shirasaki macrumors 603

Shirasaki

It appears that all they matter is money - oops, I should not say profit in here.

Wanna New York being destroyed not on screen but by something real?

Wanna see Statue of Liberty being smashed by real storm?

Wanna celebrate the end of humanity?

Then they can go on, and continue oppose carbon tax proposal.

4. thermodynamic Suspended

thermodynamic

In a free market, what is government doing giving tax breaks, tax cuts, and corporate welfare in the first place when companies constantly remind us that government interference in the market is baaaaaaaaaad...

I'm sure Greenies have a reason. Will be interesting to read their answers.

5. Snoopy4 macrumors 6502a

Snoopy4

Hypocracy of groups like this always reveals itself, usually in epic fashion.