Greenpois0n has me ripping out my hair,, Please help!!

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by allsmilze, Feb 27, 2011.

1. allsmilze, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

allsmilze macrumors newbie

Ok, so I have the iphone 4 on at&t and I want to jailbreak & unlock it for T-mobile. I downloaded greenpois0n version Rc6-1 & Rc6-2 and when I try to install it on the iphone 4 on dfu mode I keep getting a failed messages with a sad face. I must have done it over 50x already and nothing I do works. I read on a site to have itunes running on the background and not even that works. I am frustrated already... Can anyone help? I have the iphone for v. 4.2.1 on firmware 03.10.01. Please help!!

2. gregrose macrumors 6502

might sound stupid BUT =
    Try plugging the phone into a different USB outlet on the computer

3. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

What kind of computer do you have? Mac or window. If window, what is the software on it?

also, what firmware & baseband on your phone? currently, you can't unlock Iphone4 with baseband higher than 01.59.

4. ulbador macrumors 68000

ulbador

This happened to me on both my AT&T iPhone and my Verizon iPhone on multiple greenpois0n versions on different macs. Clicking the button results in a "Jailbreak Failed :(" message. The only solution I found was to use the windows version in bootcamp.

5. Sherifftruman macrumors 6502

Is this windows? Make sure you are logged in as admin. Also this will sound weird but I saw this tip elsewhere, If you have a dual core or processor machine, once you start Greenpois0n open task manager and right click the GP task. Then click affinity and uncheck core or processor zero. I had the same problem tearing my hair out and it worked for me.

6. allsmilze thread starter macrumors newbie

I am Currently running mac os x version 10.5.8. I did switch usb ports and even downloaded the software in different versions. In addition to that I also downloaded the same version off of different places.. still nothing... Is anything going to work??? My bb is 03.10.01 version 4.2.1 :(((

7. AlphaDogg macrumors 68040

AlphaDogg

8. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

When it says, "hold the button down," HOLD THE BUTTON DOWN UNTIL IT TOTALLY COMPLETES. I know it will say, "release the button," but don't do it. Wait until ALL the type has scrolled down the screen and it's finished the whole process. The only other things I can think of are, reboot the Mac, and maybe 10.5 is giving you issues (I'm on 10.6).

9. allsmilze, Feb 27, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2011

allsmilze thread starter macrumors newbie

just looked up some information by googling "unlock for iphone bb 03.10.01" and according to the sites, you are able to unlock them.. million dollar question is how is greenpois0n isn't working!!! has anyone successfully unlocked an iphone with this baseband?

10. dudeabiding macrumors 6502

dudeabiding

I'M kidding?

When I did not do this, I got a failed JB. When I did do this, I got a completed JB. I found this method by reading many posts suggesting that I do this. It worked for me. Other than that, you can use the Terminal method (google it).

You're welcome.

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

BTW even if you end up jailbreaking you will NOT be able to unlock it for use on Tmobile.
    Only if it had baseband version 01.59.00 from firmware version 4.0.2 or below.
    Just so you know.

12. allsmilze thread starter macrumors newbie

dudeabiding! thank you :); applejuiced, if I can't use it on t-mobile the jailbreak defeats the purpose. I wont even bother. is there any way to instal an older baseband? I donno perhaps downloading redsn0w? will that work until the unlock becomes available? I want to say Thank you to all that took the time to reply to this thread. (dudeabiding pointed out how rude I really am) I want to apologize.. Thanks guys!!!

13. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Would you please submit the link or website that said 03.10 is unlockable? they must be smoking something. :D

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Sorry bro, bad luck.
    You will not be able to do anything to unlock it. The baseband cannot be downgraded or modified on an iphone 4.
    All you can do right now is wait and hope for a new unlock to be released.

15. allsmilze thread starter macrumors newbie

16. allsmilze thread starter macrumors newbie

17. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Thanks for the links. Usually, when I do search, I look for the latest links. They were speculated back then and as of today, dev team still has not released a new unlock software for iphone 4 that passes 01.59 baseband.

Also, there are lot of speculates that it will come out after Apple release IOS4.3. this is remained to be seen.

One thing I do know for sure that there are lot of people are desperate waiting for this release so they can unlock their phones.

18. allsmilze thread starter macrumors newbie

guess its a waiting game at this point; I will try no longer... thanx for the info crystal... greatly appreciated I would have been here all night trying and pulling out the little hair I have left...lol

19. allsmilze thread starter macrumors newbie

20. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

That video is fake. There is no limesn0w as of today. Geohotz might come up with something in the future, we might never know but I believe he is busy with raising money for defend the Sony's lawsuit.

Baseband 05.15 is for 3G/3GS only. So, in order for these phones to be unlocked, these phones need to upgrade the baseband to 06.15 which is ipad baseband and unlocked with ultrasn0w 1.2.

21. allsmilze thread starter macrumors newbie

lol wow! I almost got happy for a second there...lol damn! ok, I will be keeping my eyes pealed. Can you do me a favor? If you hear anything can you email me? I would greatly appreciate it. I have this iphone just sitting there now and I am so desperate to use it...

22. Crystal-RX macrumors 68030

Crystal-RX

Just regularly visit this forums. you will be one of the first people to know if dev team comes out the unlock code for iphone 4 with 02.10/03.10 basebands.

23. eastercat macrumors 68040

eastercat

For future jb reference, it might be easier to use pwnage to jb your phone. Since you have a Mac, you had more than one choice doing a jb on 4.2.1.