Greensboro NC, Friendly Center iPhone 6S launch

Discussion in 'iPhone Launch Meetups' started by Blaine_Sieck, Sep 17, 2015.

1. Blaine_Sieck macrumors newbie

I am pretty desperate to get any variation of the iPhone 6S Plus and I plan on camping out at the apple store in greensboro NC at the friendly center. If anyone would like to join me, I haven't decided on a time yet but I know this experience will be a lot more enjoyable with more people! Let me know if you are also camping out and would like to join me :)

2. mynameisjosh macrumors regular

mynameisjosh

Will be there at 7:30 am. Have an 8am reservation to pick up our phones. Waited in line every year so far, but was finally able to reserve in store! Yay sleep.

3. zlogs macrumors member

I'm at the AT&T store in Gastonia, and I have been since 9:30 (it's 1:00 now). It's really odd though, nobody is here. Last year people were camped out at this location at 8:00. Are there a lot of people camped out at your location? Only reason I'm staying here with nobody camped out is because he said they only had 2 rose gold 128s in stock for in the morning.

4. Boydtee macrumors newbie

Boydtee

Wow I'm at the AT&T store in Winston-Salem this is the first time in 5 years no one was here prior to 11:00pm. It's 1:26 now and only a few cars have driven through and moved on.

5. zlogs macrumors member

Yeah it's pretty crazy, did I not receive a memo? Maybe it's the rain that kept everyone at home?

6. zlogs macrumors member

It was pretty fun last year, people brought McDonald's biscuits and Krispy Kreme donuts in the morning for everybody. *sigh*

7. Boydtee macrumors newbie

Boydtee

It's all good. At lest I'm here and will get in first this year. I can consider it my epic triumph! Ha.

8. Boydtee macrumors newbie

Boydtee

AT&T fail. They only had 6s plus in 16gb models. I left empty handed. I don't want a 6s and 16gb is never going to cut it. Looks like I now have a reason to switch the Family to T-Mobile. The rep didn't even try to talk me into ordering what I did want. Boooo

9. zlogs macrumors member

There ended up being 8 people line up at my store, most of them came at 7:30, 30 mins before opening. I got one of two rose gold 128gb 6+'s and there were plenty of 6s pluses in other variations to go around.

Edit: i just realized how bad that sounded, didn't mean for it to sound gloaty. Come to Gastonia next year man, it's pretty much guaranteed they will have 5-10 64-128gb top of the line models. At least take been that way for the past 3 years here

10. Boydtee macrumors newbie

Boydtee

11. Boydtee macrumors newbie

Boydtee

No worries: Unfortunately I won't be able to make it down to Gastonia today. Thanks for the info.