Griffin fm transmitter, will it play streaming music from AOL radio?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by dinosaur1, Aug 14, 2008.

1. dinosaur1 macrumors regular

Griffin Technology 4046-TRPAUTOC iTrip AutoPilot for iPhone 3G

Will this play streaming music from the app - AOL radio or just music from my iphone's musiclibrary?

2. joesegal76 macrumors member

i have the belkin Tunebase with my iphone and it works really well with the Tuner app. There is a slight interference through the speakers but im not sure if thats the fm transmitter or the 3G signal interference.

3. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

any fm transmitter will tranmist whatever sound your iphone would put through your iphone's speakers will come through the fm transmitter, which includes streaming music and phone calls.. atleast that is what i was told.

4. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Keep in mind, that if your iPhone has only an EDGE signal you cannot receive calls while using AOL radio or Pandora.

If you are receiving a 3G signal, then you can receive phone calls while using AOL radio or Pandora.

5. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

Yes. I've done it before. The only problem with it is the Interference that EDGE creates that causes the buzz in speakers nearby. In my car I can reduce it by putting pressure on the connection, but you can simply run your speaker cables through a magnetic doughnut (like on USB cables) to reduce the interference.

TEG

6. Arran macrumors 68040

Arran

Also bear in mind that the play/pause control may not work as expected. I've had a case where pressing a remote [PLAY/PAUSE] button while streaming in Safari didn't actually stop the stream. Instead, it started the iPod application playing (which did - in fact - stop the stream - but only incidentally).

Test drive it first if you can.