Griffin releases 2 iPhone 4 car docks - 20% off coupon + free shipping!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by D3lta, Jul 27, 2010.

1. D3lta macrumors 6502a

2. rmul86 macrumors 6502

Does this mount rotate to the horizontal position? Also, It looks like it'll fit with a bumper, can anyone confirm this?

3. D3lta thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yep, it rotates 360 degrees.

Nice catch on the bumper support, didn't notice the iPhone in the picture had it on. You pretty much confirmed it.:D

4. TheAlchemist macrumors newbie

Finally! I used their car dock with my last iphone, was perfect for music and answering calls, been weird not being able to use it with my 4.

5. D3lta thread starter macrumors 6502a

Just ordered the HandsFree model. Make sure to use GRIPHONE4 coupon on checkout for 20% off + free shipping.

6. Hennesie2000 macrumors 68000

Well it works with some sort of case... thats not an apple bumper becuase it doesnt have the metal sleep/wake button.

7. slpdLoad macrumors 6502a

slpdLoad

8. D3lta thread starter macrumors 6502a

You're right, judging by the high res image it looks like Griffin's Reveal case. But it still looks like a bumper will fit in there just fine.

I'll make sure to post pics when I get mine.

9. ALWAYSBLESS macrumors member

Too bad these things shake worse than Michael J Fox while driving

10. FieldingMellish Suspended

Worse, like Katherine Hepburn.

11. LAS22 macrumors regular

LAS22

this one looks doable. beside having multi case fitment, the opening on the bottom is free for the 30-pin plug in.

12. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Don't understand why they take the audio from the top jack. All those connections are available from the sync/charging cable at the bottom. Much neater. All you need is a "split" charging cable ($3 or so from monoprice) that breaks out audio and charge at the USB end.

13. FieldingMellish Suspended

So, with the hands free version, does it operate like this: music is playing, then a call comes in, the music mutes and you can speak with the mic and hear the other party through the car's stereo?

14. fishepa macrumors regular

Can I use the hands free portion even if I don't have an AUX in jack in my stereo?

15. FieldingMellish Suspended

I chatted with Griffin support and they said Yes to my question. I told him that they should convey this functionality on their web site.

16. ALWAYSBLESS macrumors member

Are there any car mounts that dont have the shaking issues? Perhaps ones with a smaller arm, or even a dash board mount instead of window?

17. D3lta thread starter macrumors 6502a

You can choose between mounting it on your dashboard or windshield. It comes with a self-adhesive mount.

[​IMG]

18. Busynow macrumors newbie

Shipped , Ordered the AUX model yesterday, 2 hours ago i got the tracking number.

19. fishepa macrumors regular

I'm not too keen on the whole "shaking" thing.

20. Jaw3000 macrumors regular

The Kensington model I currently have shakes a lot while driving. I'd like to know how this one does with shaking. Also, with case compatibility. The top clip looks like it will accept cases, and it shows the iPhone 4 with a Bumper (and lists it as Blackberry compatible as well), but the bottom looks custom molded for the iPhone. Maybe not.

21. D3lta thread starter macrumors 6502a

Well, I got mine in the mail today. This thing is absolutely terrible. I was honestly surprised at how cheap this thing felt, rotating the phone is such a pain in the ass, it feels like it's just gonna snap. The box doesn't even mention the iPhone 4 on it, but it mentions the 2G, 3G/3GS.

I'm shipping this thing back tomorrow for a refund (minus 20% restocking fee). The previous WindowSeat that I had for my 3GS was really great, I wish they just made an iPhone 4 adapter for it.

I'd stay away from this one.

22. Sharkzilla macrumors newbie