Griffin Survivor Case…

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Rory Manton, Nov 30, 2012.

1. Rory Manton macrumors regular

Rory Manton

… in fluro orange, what a cracking good case. It brings the flimsy slim iP5 back to feeling like a iP4 and you ain't going to break it but using it. It fits the hand good, looks good and can be put down and found easily by my failing eyes. 10/10:D

2. Hooterville macrumors 6502a

Hooterville

It's also HUGE as a brick and the three sharp ridges that hold the phone into the plastic back will scratch the crap out of your black iPhone 5. I had the Survivor in black and also the neon orange one and sold them both after seeing how they can scratch your phone. Good luck. :)

3. Rory Manton thread starter macrumors regular

Rory Manton

Thank you for your input and your points have been duly noted.

BUT this case is to protect the whole phone mechanically not cosmetically so as long as it does its job, something it looks capable of doing very well, and I can use it outside without fear of it breaking , then cosmetics are of a very trivial nature.

I have found that scratching on a chassis is usually caused by grit or dirt getting in between the chassis and a snug fitting hard case. If a softer screen protector is put between these two then , again I have found, minimal cosmetic scratching occurs.

Call me old fashioned but the phone is just a tool and as long as you use tools sometimes damage will happen no matter how careful you are.:D