Group Of Teens Attack Man Outside Memphis Kroger Grocery Store

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by jkcerda, Sep 11, 2014.

1. jkcerda macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/08/teens-attack-man-kroger-memphis_n_5785164.html

thugs need to be behind bars.

2. lannister80 macrumors 6502

lannister80

Teenagers tend to be violent, lack empathy, and be poor at seeing the long-term consequences of their actions. Film at 11 (man, that's an old saying).

3. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

4. iBlazed macrumors 68000

iBlazed

Do you righties have wet dreams about shooting people on a nightly basis?

5. TechGod Suspended

TechGod

lmao!

6. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

This type of thing makes me ill. What sane person looks to inflict physical harm on a stranger? I don't care what color the victim or the aggressors were. It is sickening plain and simple.

7. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

I wish we didn't have a barrage of ultra violent entertainment in the US. It's not good to feed this stuff to kids 24/7.

8. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Are you suggesting that this is the entertainment industry's fault?

9. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

It's unfair to direct all blame to the entertainment industry because it is everybody's fault that violence is so popular.

That said, many studies have linked violence on TV to teenager's behaviour.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/10/101018211820.htm

10. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Interesting that the study you linked really doesn't say anything conclusive about how violence influences their behavior, only how their brains process what they're seeing:

While I might concede that watching violence on TV might desensitize someone, it doesn't make you forget right and wrong, and not even this study can show with any degree of confidence that it affects their behavior.

11. aerok macrumors 65816

aerok

Just pointing out the possibility

12. senseless macrumors 68000

senseless

Fault? No, they are businesses that will sell whatever they can to make a profit. It's not their job to improve society. That's up to us.

13. Meister Suspended

Meister

Technarchy is 100% right!

14. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

stupid misguided teens, shoot? NO, jail/community service? YES.

15. Meister Suspended

Meister

In self defense, yes. 'stupid, misguided teens' is a bit of a trivialization. The video looked like a lynch mob.
    You don't think that the man had the right to protect himself?

16. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

I might have read too much into the post. Yes the guy had the right to shoot in that situation

17. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Damn right. They aren't paying pillow fight. Carry spare mags and give each one a double dosage of high velocity heat.

18. jkcerda thread starter macrumors 6502a

jkcerda

Thought proper procedure was 2 to the chest & on to the head?

19. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Anything worth shooting is worth a mag dump.

20. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

Yay for the Darren Wilson mentality! You guys just lust after a reason to shoot somebody don't you? What these people do in knocking out and attacking random strangers is completely disgusting and unacceptable, but can you honestly tell me that a teenager who may have gotten in with the wrong crowd, or perhaps just needs some guidance in their lives deserve to have a clip unloaded on them?

Instead of looking for ways to help misguided young people, everyone just wants to shoot them. It's ****ing barbaric.

21. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

Who?

No actually. Been deployed too many times and fired my weapon more than I can remember. If I can go the rest of my life without shooting at another human being I'd be more than happy.

That's all great till I am in a wheel chair, or dead from a brain injury. If you lay hands on me in a violent way there is no limit to what I will do to stop you from doing so. So best not to touch me, because I'm sure as hell not touching you.

That's not my problem if people are misguided. Don't touch me and I won't be sending rounds in your direction. It's that simple. Cross that line and your "game" will get ugly. I'm a 40 year old man this year, and I'm sure as hell not getting into street brawls with punk ass kids because I made the mistake of walking down the wrong street while on the way to get food for my wife and kids.

You will be fired upon until I feel you are no longer dangerous to me. Don't like that prospect, again, don't touch me.

22. vrDrew macrumors 65816

Oh wow.

Every few weeks we have a story about a group of urban Black teenagers randomly punching someone. Usually an innocent white person. And usually (and in this case) the victim ends up with bruises, and maybe some abrasion.

But I think the people posting this sort of nonsense, licking their lips in anticipation of the prospect of gunning down other menacing black teenagers, ought to ask themselves some questions.

Like: Since Wednesday of this week (when this brutal attack took place), how many innocent American lives have guns snuffed out.? How many gun suicides. How many innocent kids were killed playing with daddy (or mommy's) gun? How many wives and girlfriends, husbands, moms, dads, brothers, boyfriends, and sons - have been shot and killed in stupid arguments in which someone in the household grabbed a gun?

Add up the balance: Since Wednesday - three people roughed up by a random black teens playing a nasty spiteful game.

How many Americans dead, needlessly, from the guns you think are the answer to all of life's problems?

23. Ledgem macrumors 65816

Ledgem

The mention of guns in this thread did not strike me as being a "pro-gun" rally. The idea was of self-protection; you could replace the talk of guns with one of knives or some other weapon and it would be the same sentiment.

24. Technarchy macrumors 604

Technarchy

You're hoping that someone beating your ass for no reason is merciful enough not to maim or kill you. Knowingly or not, you could still end up six feet under.

I'm not taking that chance. I've got a family that depends on me. You live however you see fit, but if I have air in my lungs I will attack and reload.

25. vrDrew macrumors 65816

OK: But speaking from a purely tactical standpoint, explain to me how carrying a gun is supposed to be a very effective strategy here?

The whole point of this unpleasant, violent "game" is to hit someone who is unaware that they are about to be attacked. The victims of this game didn't have time to duck - let alone draw a weapon and engage a target.

Unless you - quite literally - walk around in two- or three man elements, with each person covering their sector of the perimeter - you are going to be vulnerable to a blindside attack.

I don't want to go through life like that. I didn't sign up to spend my life in a combat zone. And if I see a bunch of kids I don't know "wilding" in the parking lot of the Krogers - I'm going to keep driving. Maybe decide I ain't shopping there any more.

Because, at the end of the day, life's lesson - and the only effective combat strategy - is to avoid situations where you are engaging an opponent that has the tactical initiative (ie. the element of surprise) and numerical superiority. Even with the best weapons in the world - thats an engagement you are going to lose more often than not.