Growing More Displeased With My Current Phone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by webitorgal, Jun 26, 2012.

1. webitorgal macrumors regular

webitorgal

OK, I still have a cr@pberry and I'm hating it more each day. The next iPhone isn't going to come out for at least another few months and there might be a wait to get it when it does. I'm beginning to wonder if I should just give up my berry now and get an iPhone 4 contract free for the next few months (if I can find a used one) or hold it out? I'm NOT getting one new - the 4 only has 8G if you get fresh). Another option is to use my cr@pberry as a phone/email device (because it works fine as that) and get an iPod Touch for social media, etc... I can use then use my cr@pberry for wi-fi purposes

Thoughts?

2. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

It's just 3.5 months to go. Just try to hold on to it.

Facebook shouldn't dictate sound financial choices. You will lose a little money in the process even if you later flip the iPhone 4 to get the new one. Why not save it all instead.

3. nuckinfutz macrumors 603

nuckinfutz

I bought a used iPhone 4 to preserve my upgrade for the iPhone 5. It was a piece of cake to have AT&T switch my account over and when the iPhone 5 comes my iPhone 4 either gets sold, gets used as a testing platform or an iPod Touch

4. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Sort out your priorities and you'll have your answer. Polling others won't help you to determine what you want to do.

5. CallOfDuty macrumors 6502

The iPod touch should be enough to satisfy your Apple cravings at the moment- it has almost the same experience as an iPhone. So if I were you, I wouldn't mind shelling out 200 for a cheapest iPod model. Hold on to your blackberry and get the 5. You might still use them for viewing email and even messaging! I've used a blackberry before for a while and while I hated what it lacks over the iPhone (too many!), its simply great for email and the keyboard is pretty nice to type with. So stick with it. You might even want to consider putting another SIM inside it and use it as a secondary phone.

Do not waste your money over a used 4. Even a base line new store bought model of the iPod, which is almost similar to the iPhone in terms of experience, is cheaper than a used 4 in most cases.