Grrr.x#!@: Missing music and videos following iOS 4.2 upgrade! Known issue?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wackymacky, Nov 23, 2010.

1. wackymacky macrumors 68000

wackymacky

Well I decided to upgrade to iOS 4.2, good for the features, but... where the hell has all my music and videos gone?

When it is connected to iTunes (10.1), the bar at the bottom tells me that there is 12 GB of music and 6 GB of videos on the iPad, and all appear to be sync'ed OK from within iTunes,

When I disconnect from the Mac and I open up the iPod app or Video app, it just sits on a screen that says "cancelling syncing", and there no music or videos listed.

When I open the system prefs on the iPad it says there is 0 music and 0 video files on board, yet the free space listed on the device implies that the 18GB of files are still there!!

I don't really want to have to restore and loose all the data in the Apps, any suggestions?

2. elmo151 Guest

From TechCrunch

3. SnowDX macrumors 6502

Steps 4 and 5 were the only steps needed for me. My music was gone after the iOS upgrade on my iPhone (no videos on my phone). Plugged it back into the computer, clicked sync and music was back on my iPhone.

Videos were gone after iOS upgrade on my iPad (no music on my iPad); had the "cancelling sync" page. Plugged it back into the computer, clicked sync and videos were back on my iPad.

4. beyondtrouble macrumors newbie

I am having this SAME problem.. but these steps on http://www.9to5mac.com/37390/how-to-fix-ios-4-2s-disappearing-ipod-app-glitch are preventing me from fixing it...

2.The phone appears under devices in the left-hand column; click the arrow to the left of it so your media categories appear and select music.
    3.Play a song on the iPhone via iTunes on your computer.

Its preventing me because there are ZERO songs for me to play on my iphone now since the update. It wiped them ALL out... now I can play them in my main music library on the computer.. but my iphone is totally ignoring the fact that they are there. Suggestions???

5. SnowDX macrumors 6502

Just click sync? That's what I did and all of my music went back onto my phone.

6. beyondtrouble macrumors newbie

LOL.. I think I have tried syncing my music for the last 3 hours. It is def. checked to sync my music... hence the problem.

7. SnowDX macrumors 6502

Okay. Well then that sucks.

8. beyondtrouble macrumors newbie

Totally Snow. I don't know what the heck is going on and I cant find any answers. I have tried ever single "easy fix" article online about this and it still wont friggin sync. My post has gotten lot's of "views" but zero replies. If you find something, let me know!

9. And1ss macrumors 6502a

And1ss

same thing happen to my iPad and iPhone, but before I decided to reformat, I plugged it in and resynced it and it worked!

10. SnowDX macrumors 6502

I just don't get it. I've done upgrades to 3 different devices (iPhone, iPad and a Touch) and all 3 were missing music/video but when I plugged them in again and hit sync, it all just came back. :confused: