Gruber: Apple to release new Multi-Touch Trackpad for Desktop Macs Tomorrow

Compile 'em all

macrumors 601
Original poster
Apr 6, 2005
http://daringfireball.net/linked/2009/10/19/tomorrow

Dan Lyons Apparently Thinks Yours Truly Hasn’t Heard About the Redesigned Plastic MacBooks, Redesigned (‘Impressive’) iMacs, Updated Minis (Including One That Ships With Mac OS X Server), the Multi-Touch Magic Mouse, and, as the Wildcard I’m-Not-Sure-I-Really-Believe-It-Myself Out-There Rumor, Maybe Even Some Sort of Mentioned-Nowhere-Else-But-in-This-Very-Headline Multi-Touch Trackpad Gadget for Desktop Macs That Apple Is Set to Release Tomorrow Morning.

dukebound85

macrumors P6
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
that link takes me to a page with the identical link which takes me to a blog that does nothing for me:cool:

heres what it results in with no basis behind any claims

Can't tell you what, obviously. But there's something brewing. Gruber doesn't know about it, but the people we care about are being briefed in advance. Stay close to your Mac or iPhone, and have your credit card ready.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
Interesting, a multi-touch trackpad in addition to a multi-touch mouse. If true, looks like Apple is really pushing multi-touch on the pointing device.

At least it's more evidence for an imminent Mac update...

brendu

macrumors 68020
Apr 23, 2009
USA
been expecting this one, been waiting for it to get a new wireless keyboard and hopefully multitouch trackpad.

acurafan

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2008
hey apple, are you gonna include a kb/mouse on the mini finally? - you cheapskates. no wonder apple's record earning, fanboi's were happily robbed left and right. :p

hope new mouse is WAAY better then the last mouse.

Le Big Mac

macrumors 68030
Jan 7, 2003
Washington, DC
Mac mini server?

That's intriguing. Yes, I know you can run server on a mini, but a bundled, lower price would be tasty. As would the likelihood it would be more consumer oriented.