Gsm iPhone 4S battery still drains when phone is off 2% per hour

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mplayers2005, Mar 30, 2013.

1. mplayers2005 macrumors newbie

I just got a phone from Craigslist that's not jailbroken or has any mod added to it, but for some reason the battery drains like crazy even when the phone it's completely off, avg is 2% every hour. I replaced the battery but the problem is still happen... Any ideas how to fix it

Seem like water damage from what the indicators inside the charging port

iOS 6.1.3

2. Mrbobb macrumors 601

3. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

sounds like 6.1.3 is the culprit. i have excessive drain on this OS now, as do alot of other people. there are tons of threads on it here on the forums.

----------

this isnt necessarily always the case. there are plenty of perfectly good things on craigslist. i would say theres a 95% chance that the phone is fine, and its just the crappy 6.1.3 thats causing the issue.

4. mplayers2005 thread starter macrumors newbie

Does the battery still drain even when the phone is still shut off ?

5. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

i never turn my phone off, but my old iphone 4 stays in my drawer fully charged. after a few days if i turn it on, it will have drained a few %'s. so yes, it will drain over time. but if you turn it off for like a few hours, it probably should not drain much, if at all.