Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alclonky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2014
Hi,
i got a GTX 750 TI (Palit one) for my 1.1 Macpro (2.1 with Firmware Update),
but the GPU is not recognised if i put it into a 16x or 8x PCI-e Slot.
It only work if i switch the Port to 4x or 1x.
I am on OS X 10.10.1 with nvidia web drivers

is it possible to do something about it?

sarthak

macrumors 6502
Nov 19, 2012
Check if you have other cards installed in the PCIe slots. If so you should get a utility upon boot to specify PCIe lane configuration. However, since you are running it on a 1,1 it is likely it's not included in Yosemite (AFAIK not required for 2008 machines).

NOTNlCE

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Check if you have other cards installed in the PCIe slots. If so you should get a utility upon boot to specify PCIe lane configuration. However, since you are running it on a 1,1 it is likely it's not included in Yosemite (AFAIK not required for 2008 machines).

Ironically enough, there's a new updated version of the PCIe Lane Utility included in Yosemite. I agree though, check your configuration. Though you might not have any luck - PC cards are temperamental. I have to use my GeForce 405 in Slot 2. If I put it in Slot 1, it won't wake from sleep. Just a compromise that has to be made to keep the older towers alive.

alclonky

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 18, 2014
I checked it with the utility

Slot 1 - doestn't work (Slot1 can only be 8x or 16x)
Slot 2 - works with x1 Setting but not with x8 Setting
Slot 3 - works with x1 and x4 Setting
Slot 4 - Card doesn't fit

In Windows the Card works in Slot1 so it can't be a technical issue but a driver one?

NOTNlCE

macrumors 65816
Oct 11, 2013
Baltimore, MD
Could be. Unfortunately, troubleshooting is a bit of a trial and error process with these kind of things. I would test as much as you can and just stick with the configuration that works BEST, whether or not it's the most optimal is up in the air.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.