Guess I am the only one who is blown away that..

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by shenfrey, Jun 9, 2015.

1. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Every. Single. Song on iTunes is going to be available for us to listen to for just $9.99. I don't know about you but iTunes has every song I would want to listen to and more, whereas my current subscription is limited with many albums having bizarre gaps of missing songs because for some reason they aren't available in my country (UK).

I am excited : )

2. Hermes Monster macrumors 6502a

Hermes Monster

You're referring to Taylor Swift right? :)

I won't be subscribing personally, but yeah, it's kind of a big deal ... I just want iTunes radio to finally come to the UK so my iTunes Match subscription will feel 3% less like a rip off

3. camperdown9 macrumors regular

London, England & Chatillon-Sur-Seine, France
    A couple of years ago I subscribed to Spotify for £9.99 a month and I use it all the time. I never buy music anymore and I haven't used iTunes in ages.

This is just a question, whats the difference between the iTunes subscription service and Spotify?

4. LastLine macrumors 65816

I'm hoping Apple open this up for sonos. If they do I'll be subbing, if not, no sale. That's whe I listen to most of my music these days. Given they're doing an android app there's hope.

5. nfl46 macrumors 603

I'll be canceling my Spotify subscription in favor of Apple Music. iTunes literally has ALL of the music I need. Plus, most of the exclusive albums hit iTunes first.

6. shenfrey thread starter macrumors 68000

Well it boils down to taste. Off the top of my head the evanescence album "Fallen" has every song but "Bring me to life" on Spotify in the UK. iTunes will have the entire album. There are so many of these bizarre and random omissions like this in Spotify, that won't be in Apple Music.

Last check Spotify has just over 17 million tracks, ITunes has over 30 million.

7. camperdown9 macrumors regular

London, England & Chatillon-Sur-Seine, France
    Interesting!

A the moment my partner and myself share one Spotify account. This works fine unless we both want to listen to different music at the same time. I wonder with the iTune version will it be the same or will we be forced to buy the family plan.

8. Noble Actual macrumors 6502a

The family plan uses the same account as family sharing.

9. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

If you share an itunes/app store account, youll be able to share.

10. Jmausmuc macrumors 6502

Jmausmuc

If it is really the full library I will switch for sure. I have been kinda trying to get away from spotify since it took them like 3-4 month to update their app for the iPhone 6 resolution...

11. CJM macrumors 65816

CJM

Does anyone know of any way to export your Spotify playlists? I notice that feature is conveniently missing.

I got rather annoyed at them after the disaster that was the latest version of their desktop app, so I'm up for a switch.

12. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Apparently the Beatles albums won't be available. So says Bloomberg. So its not every song.

13. joolze macrumors member

joolze

I have two accounts with Spotify and currently pay £14.99 per month. I am really keen to move away from Spotify (especially to Apple's family plan) but, until Sonos is brought on board, I'll have to stay with Spotify. Sonos are saying that they will hopefully allow access to Apple Music but just not right from launch. Fingers crossed that it won't take as long as iTunes Radio (i.e. never...!).

14. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

It'll be REALLY interesting to see if they manage to actually pull that off. I know for certain services (Tidal, for example), a lot of tracks and artists are listed but when you try to play it says "not available for stream". Hopefully there won't be a lot of that.

15. leeingham macrumors 6502

I will be but for THIS reason!!!

16. bboucher790 macrumors 65816

bboucher790

Looks that way. Apple would have surely mentioned The Beatles as a selling point. They also would have made it clear that anything in the iTunes Store would be available in Apple Music. I think this is the biggest misconception and a potential deal breaker for some to switch from Spotify.

17. 6836838 Suspended

If $9.99 translates to £9.99 in the UK, then no. I'm not excited. I'll keep using Spotify.

If they allow playlists and albums be be imported from Spotify, then I might be tempted to stream given it'll be a native and more integrated app.

18. chrf097 macrumors 68040

chrf097

Exactly.

I'm willing to give up my Spotify student pricing for Apple Music, because it honestly looks 100x better.

19. apl120 macrumors newbie

Any word on if the Apple Music service will allow for offline playing like Spotify does? I'm all for returning to a fully-Apple ecosystem for my music, but offline playing is a nice feature to have if you're going to be airplane-bound for a few hours or something similar.

20. jsmith189 macrumors 65816

jsmith189

Yep, they do!

21. super tomtendo macrumors 6502a

super tomtendo

I highly doubt it's every single song. It's only gonna be the labels who've signed with Apple Music.

22. Paddle1 macrumors 68030

So it wasn't actually mentioned that it was every song then? I wouldn't make that assumption.

23. batting1000 macrumors 604

It's not a flat rate of $10. It's $10 per month. That's why it's not worth it, at least for me anyway

24. sim667 macrumors 65816

People still listen to evanesence?

:p

25. kmj2318 macrumors 68000

kmj2318

Well, no, it's not every song on iTunes. Apple makes a distinction between iTunes library and Apple Music library.