Guess what an AT&T store salesperson told me...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bennypod, Dec 28, 2010.

1. bennypod macrumors member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148a Safari/6533.18.5)

I've seen posts of people believing rumors told by employees, but just to show you how little they really know about inside information, I'll tell you a story. Today I went to AT&T to help my grandmother upgrade her iPhone, not realizing she wasn't 'authorized' to make changes to the plan. I told her she could simply have my grandpa log in on the AT&T website and add her as authorized, the salesman then rolled his eyes and sayed that only costumer service can do that. I told him that I'm pretty sure you can do this online (I've done it several times on my account) and he states "I'm pretty sure you can't." I went out to the car and tried it on my iPhone on my account, and I was able to. Now this doesn't sound like a big deal but if you're going to roll your eyes and act like a jerk to customers, you sure as heck better be right. Anyone else have any similar experiences?

2. Eldiablojoe macrumors 6502a

Eldiablojoe

3. Ajones330 macrumors 6502a

Ajones330

Well anyone rolling their eyes loses all credibility with me...

4. Leet Apple macrumors 6502a

Leet Apple

if that was me personally i would have done it all in his face, then discussed it with his manager, someone who acts like that clearly doesn't appreciate the fact that they have a job when many people in america would love to take over his job and support their families

5. WiiDSmoker macrumors 65816

WiiDSmoker

Not really.

I called today to buy an unsubsidized iPhone 4 and they said it was impossible to buy. So I went to Best Buy and bought one.

6. Apple... macrumors 68020

Apple...

They're probably just going off of Apple's site (which says that an unlocked version in the U.S. isn't available).

From Apple's website: Can I buy an iPhone without an AT&T contract? No. iPhone requires a two-year AT&T wireless service contract.

7. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

Because doing "it all in his face" would really do any good? Just let it go, and go about your business. I am sure there are much more important things for you to do today. Jesus.

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I would definitely report it to the store manager.

9. cocky jeremy macrumors 68040

cocky jeremy

My aunt, that works at AT&T, argued with me before the 3G came out about which one got the white iPhone. I told her it was the more expensive iPhone 3G, she told me it was the cheaper one. Well, macrumors was correct, AT&T was not. Big surprise. :eek:

10. ssdeg7 macrumors 6502a

ssdeg7

Completely true!

11. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's nothing that would surprise me.
    They are known to pull worst nonsense than that:)

True, there's tons of dumb people out there. It would be a waste of time and breath to try to prove them all wrong:D

12. Goldinboy17 macrumors 65816

Goldinboy17

Is not. Junior Varisity? What a compliment. Now I'm completely bashing AT&T. I've had nothing but great experiences with their phone support, but their in-store employees are pretty dumb.

13. crazytiger86 macrumors 6502

[​IMG]

I think you'd get in trouble for sexual assault...