Guest On Fox News Attacks Boy With Autism - Calls Him a Snowflake

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by MadeTheSwitch, May 15, 2017.

1. MadeTheSwitch macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Seriously what is wrong with conservatives and specifically Fox News? To attack a 10 year old kid with Autism in some political way is just so wrong. And certainly doesn't do anything to help Fox's credibility problem.

Tammy Bruce is such a wretched person and shame on Tucker Carlson for allowing it.

Original video from Friday:

https://www.mediamatters.org/video/...talker-snowflake-who-needed-safe-space/216437

Today's response from kid's mother on CNN:
    https://www.mediamatters.org/video/...logy-after-fox-news-attacked-her-child/216461

Great response from the mother. She was so articulate and well spoken on the matter. The complete opposite of that horribly ignorant Tammy Bruce.

2. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Having lost their senior leadership and veteran anchors to scandals, you would think they would clean up their act by now, even just a little.

In the end, I'm ok with Fox shooting themselves on the foot repeatedly. Look, this is how I see it. Even conservatives have children with autism and special needs (e.g. Sarah Palin, prime example). When Fox goes after these innocent people (families of autistic children) for the sake of making a conservative point, little by little by little they end up losing some of their own (conservative, family values) fanbase.

3. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

One would think. Even if the boy wasn't autistic, why would any news channel think it was okay to attack a child? A child they thought to be 8 years old? It's outrageous. These people have no souls.

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

5. Tapiture macrumors 6502

Fox News and especially Tucker Carlson are disgraceful. Enough said.

6. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Tucker Carlson as the now de facto "head anchor" for Fox News (after O'Reilly's departure) ….. oh Fox has fallen on hard times. LOL

7. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

That isn't Tucker, it is Bill Hemmer, sitting in for Tucker. But continue the circle-jerk. lol

8. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

It was his show. I'm not familiar enough with their anchors to tell them apart. :D
    --- Post Merged, May 15, 2017 ---
    Circle jerk? You think it's okay to attack a little kid? Really?

9. webbuzz macrumors 65816

webbuzz

Really? Where did I say it was okay?

The Tucker circle-jerk. Continue.

10. Tapiture macrumors 6502

Why was Fox even covering this? Why'd they decide to have a whole segment attacking this kid? Guess they're willing to do ANYTHING other than cover Trump's controversies. Maybe tomorrow instead of covering his handing over of classified information to the Russians Fox News will defame a blind person.

11. DrewDaHilp1 macrumors 6502a

DrewDaHilp1

Pump them brakes....

[​IMG]

12. Solomani macrumors 68030

Solomani

Maybe they should just beg Glenn Beck to come back. At least he was entertaining, especially when he was crying.

13. sodapop1 Suspended

sodapop1

Keep in mind, very similar to the Jerry Springer show, most of the programs on Fox News are geared towards selling fabricated outrage as entertainment to crusty old disgruntled people.

14. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

So Fox took a non-story and then completely s--- the bed with it. Idiots.

15. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

By not saying that it wasn't okay and by referring to this thread as merely a circle jerk, you are implying that it's okay. My goodness, is calling Fox out as wrong so painful for you that you can't actually do it and must deflect onto other things?

16. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

That's Bill Hemmer. FWIW, I don't think he knew the kid was autistic, maybe thats why the kid demanded an apology from the VP. Yeah I don't know why they went with this story, even I could have told you to stay away from this story because there's really no clear winner. You really want to rip on the kid?

Tucker Carlson is actually quite good. So so much better than BillO. Tucker actually lets people talk and try to make a point.

17. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

I say the autism end of it can be completely left out. It's pretty irrelevant. This should have been a "cute" story about a little kid who "demanded" an apology from the VP. A feel-good, joking funny story. If it were some college student then I'd be all in with the snowflake talk, but not with a little kid.

18. VulchR macrumors 68020

VulchR

Funnily enough, I try to watch the news to get ... news, not this kind of fluff from Faux News, which is clearly still catering to the cranky old curmudgeons who don't like kids.

If it were me, I would have complained about the lack of separation of church and state, with the VP uttering a blessing on taxpayer's property.

19. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Kind of a weird thing to do. Parents of neuroatypical kids are very protective. Maybe they're happy losing viewers?

I'm also still not completely sure on the definition of "snowflake". I heard it defined an overly emotional person. When I first heard about it it was during news headlines about GOP men annoyed at women having periods, and then I saw a resurgence of the word when Pence got upset at some theatre production. Finally there was the whole "bathroom bill" thing where some people were upset at sharing bathrooms with trans people. I don't see the term used often but those 3 events were noticeable to me.

20. A.Goldberg macrumors 68000

A.Goldberg

To be fair, Fox probably had no idea or way of knowing the kid was autistic. That said, I think it's highly inappropriate to draw unwarranted media attention to a single child to fuel some bigger story. Fox needs to keep their mouth shut on stuff like this, especially when it deals with kids and private conversations. At the same time, I feel CNN is using the situation to attack FOX using the mother, which I don't find entirely appropriate.

I don't want anyone to take this the wrong way, but I think both sides here need to relax and learn to move on without getting inflamed about the most inconsequential things in life.

21. citizenzen macrumors 65816

The little guy is standing up to big government and demanding accountability.

You'd think Fox would be behind that kind of story.

22. TonyC28 macrumors 65816

TonyC28

Exactly! That could have been the playful headline. They botched this big time and should apologize.

23. MadeTheSwitch thread starter macrumors 6502a

MadeTheSwitch

Perhaps she wanted to appear on Fox and they wouldn't let her? I don't think it's inappropriate for the mother's story to be told. I don't think Fox's and Tammy Bruce's comments should go unchallenged by the mother, do you?